Talk

Advanced search

Clips that keep kids duvet on the bed at night - are they any good?

(10 Posts)
stressed2007 Thu 08-Oct-09 02:37:24

Has anyone used these (think GTC sell them)and are they any good? Thanks

Fruitgums Thu 08-Oct-09 11:43:22

I will lurk this thread as I'd like to find out the answer too.

Hope that we'll get some responses.

cece Thu 08-Oct-09 11:51:58

No idea but my advise is to turn the duvet sideways and tuck it in under the mattress if it keeps falling off.

stressed2007 Thu 08-Oct-09 12:39:38

we have tried that - 50% success as then not long enough and she still manages to kick it off sometimes

Lindax Thu 08-Oct-09 21:26:34

clips do not hold duvet firmly so it will still be kicked off, especially after a little while when the elasticated bit loses some of its elastication. we used them but found the duvet just got kicked down the way rather than sideways and as it got kicked down it got a bit twisted and when he did wake up he couldnt pull duvet back up himself.

ds is 5 now, but never thought about tucking duvet in sideways, could you put a blanket at the bottom to cover feet if too short?

fruitspooksbatsintheeaves Thu 08-Oct-09 21:28:31

I read that as 'clips to keep kids on the duvet at night' and was imagining toddlers bulldog clipped to their beds blush
must read titles properly!

feedthegoat Thu 08-Oct-09 21:33:08

I posted about these on a different thread yesterday as I bought these for ds but took them straight off as they worried me a lot after I watched ds with them. I'm lazy so have copied and pasted it!

He came straight upstairs and asked what it was and started to pull at the duvet whilst in the bed. This stretched the elastic up from under the mattress, surprisingly far too. He thought it was a great game to stretch and twang it whilst underneath it. I took it straight off as I don't think I could have slept for fear of him doing that and getting his neck caught. I may have been over reacting but it looked really unsafe with what he was doing with it.

I know they must have passed safety standards but it looked worrying to me once my ds got his grubby little paws on it!

chachachachacha Thu 08-Oct-09 21:34:35

pegs?

amazonianwoman Mon 12-Oct-09 22:01:52

No, I bought them for DD a couple of years ago. They were hopeless, so just perservered with putting the duvet back on til she learned to do it herself.

They were useless when i used them with DS2. Didn't hold the duvet on him when he moved around.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now