Talk

Advanced search

baby escaping from stokke tripp trapp

(11 Posts)
edd021208 Thu 08-Oct-09 00:00:04

hello, my 9 mo baby has a stokke tripp trapp chair (with baby bar) and seems able to escape even with the footrest quite low.....any solutions?

mummydarlingsausage Thu 08-Oct-09 15:53:23

are you using a harness?

edd021208 Thu 08-Oct-09 18:02:53

no...is that the only solution? she really hates them!

Guad Thu 08-Oct-09 18:07:11

ds2 hated the harness but he wouldn't stay in without one. I can't see what else you can do tbh.

KembleTwins Thu 08-Oct-09 18:08:19

DTs could clamber out without harness. No other choice for us, unfortunately.

claricebean Thu 08-Oct-09 18:09:18

I used the stokke tripp trapp for all four DC and absolutely loved it. My first three sat in it quite happily. DD3 (DC4), however, was an escape artist extraordinaire from the moment she could crawl. I only had to nip out of the room and she was in the middle of the table. In the end the only thing that worked was a harness. We used it until we could take off the bar, which we did much earlier with her than the others.

edd021208 Fri 09-Oct-09 15:41:25

ok, thanks everyone - harness it is then. I had thought lowering the footrest was the solution but she manages to lever herself up with her hands....monkey!

belgo Fri 09-Oct-09 15:44:27

Yes use the harness. Just like when they are in the car seat they have to be strapped in, even if they don't like it. Safety is far more important and it's a long way down from a high chair.

edd021208 Fri 09-Oct-09 15:47:06

sorry - one more question - is it only a stokke harness that fits the chair?

belgo Fri 09-Oct-09 15:50:21

no, I've just got a bog standard harness that is compatible with most chairs, and it fits fine.

Obviosly I still have to watch my ds - he is strapped in, but I'm sure it won't be too long before he works out how to wiggle out of the harness!

edd021208 Fri 09-Oct-09 16:34:53

of course safety is important belgo, she used the stokke without a harness for a few months without showing any inclination or ability to escape until a few days ago....I hadn't realised the harness was for stopping escaping, more to help with sitting - her fairly wriggly brother used a stokke without harness and never escaped.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now