Talk

Advanced search

baby einstein- any good?

(12 Posts)
s13 Thu 09-Jun-05 21:41:57

my dd is 4.5 month and i thought about buying her the baby einstein dvds, just wondered what your thoughts are, or if they are just a good excuse for half hours peace without feeling guilty.

michellemcmanus Thu 09-Jun-05 21:42:28

Id say shes too young
but yes mine liked it
but hte eldest two manged fine wwithout them

Antoinette Thu 09-Jun-05 21:51:48

Baby Einstein dvd's were a godsend to me!! My daughter has been watching them since she was 4 months old, she is 10 months now and still loves them. I dont know what it is about them but she sits and watches them with interest for ages. She paticulary like "Baby Mozart". I got a brill deal on ebay. Got the whole set of 10 dvds for £9.99.

snafu Thu 09-Jun-05 21:53:15

Yep, mine loved/loves them. But he didn't get first one until about 7 months.

Don't feel guilty, it's a slippery slope.

s13 Thu 09-Jun-05 21:54:46

thanks will look on ebay for any good deals

Carameli Fri 10-Jun-05 20:08:08

I am also another ebay buyer, the dvds are great, my daughter is now 20mths and still loves them, especially the animal ones. Definitely a good buy, I started with the music ones when she was really small and certainly got a reaction.

AnnaK Tue 14-Jun-05 13:59:21

Baby Einstein didn't hold my ds's interest but Baby Bright did. The difference is that Baby Bright is a continuous cartoon, whereas Baby Einstein (as far as I can make out) is a series of different puppets, animals, cartoons etc. for variety. A godsend for me as ds required my attention for 24 hours a day. Watching the video gave me 37 minutes peace in which to do all my chores!

Cooperoo Tue 14-Jun-05 14:41:12

Yes definately good. I think they are targetted quite cleverly. As someone else said the first ones are a series of film clips of toys with music and you think how dull but they really worked for my dd. She loved Baby Mozart and Beethoven when she was under 1 and loves the Neighbourhood Animals one too now she is older. Get them from ebay though as they are v expensive otherwise. I was lucky and got ours as presents.

hunkermunker Tue 14-Jun-05 14:43:07

DS MUCH prefers Baby Bright (we got 1 & 2 on DVD from M&S for £12) - some bits of the Baby Einsteins make him cry! Then he clings to me and watches from behind my arm! Mad little wuss that he is (said v tenderly, you understand ).

snafu Tue 14-Jun-05 14:58:35

LOl Hunker - we did have to get rid of Baby Bach because ds would always leap 6 feet in the air and start crying when it got to the bit where a mouse pops out of a lump of Emmenthal...scary stuff

hunkermunker Tue 14-Jun-05 15:17:09

I find the puppets a bit creepy on Baby Einstein too. Am also a wuss. With your DD on the scary mouse, Snafu!

Matonic Tue 14-Jun-05 15:18:24

DS took no notice of Baby Einstein whatsoever.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: