Talk

Advanced search

Wheelybugs

(10 Posts)
thehouseofmirth Mon 05-Oct-09 16:57:27

Thinking of getting DS2 one of these for his 1st birthday. Would he be too young and can anyone please tell me if they work on carpet?

norktasticslasher Mon 05-Oct-09 17:00:53

No experience of them on carpet but I think they'd be fine. They work on grass...

DD got one for her first birthday, she was just the right age IMO. She's quite short so couldn't ride it on her own at first but she was just starting to walk and she much preferred it to the cart she had for walking behind. She played with it daily until she was about 20 months and still plays with it regularly now (22 months).

norktasticslasher Mon 05-Oct-09 17:01:41

The punctuation fairy stole all my punctuation! Sorry!

shonaspurtle Mon 05-Oct-09 17:03:48

We got one for ds's first christmas, so just over 1. It's been a brilliant buy and although it goes faster on hard floors he's able to scoot around on carpet no problem.

We got a small one and I do sometimes wonder if a large would have been better, but at nearly 3 he still uses and loves his Wheelybug.

thehouseofmirth Mon 05-Oct-09 17:11:15

Thanks, that's really helpful. Now just got to decide which one!

NorktasticSlasher Mon 05-Oct-09 17:37:58

We've got a small one too. A big one might have been OK but it would have taken a lot longer for DD to be able to ride it. My 8 year old niece manages fine on it wink

FWIW I think the bee is by far the nicest!

MovingOutOfBlighty Mon 05-Oct-09 17:40:54

Have the bee.

It is so pretty but unfortunately apart from a quick 10 min novelty whizz around the house, neither of my dcs have shown any interest in it.
sad (as it is soooooo cute)

However, the 5th hand weather beaten ride along car is his obsession atm. It is so minging!!!

izzybiz Mon 05-Oct-09 17:50:17

We got Ds2 the tiger one for his 1st birthday a few weeks ago, he loves it!

He walks along pushing it more than riding it at the mo, but his 5yo sister seems to like it too!

Look online, I got ours for £43.50!

ElectricElephant Mon 05-Oct-09 20:10:54

We got DS one for his 1st, took him a couple of weeks, but was soon zooming round the house. He absolutely LOVED it.

Carameli Mon 05-Oct-09 22:42:15

ds1 (soon 3yrs) got the tiger for his 1st birthday and still loves it, has been so popular with all kids of all ages dd1(6) also loves it. We were given the large one which worked fine with ds, but did take him a while to get used to riding it.
They are fab toys and so hard wearing.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now