Talk

Advanced search

Portable DVD players & Children's headphones??

(6 Posts)
mrscactus Sat 03-Oct-09 11:12:30

Anyone got a recommendation of a good DVD for taking on an aeroplane for an almost 3 year? (And to then use in a campervan whilst travelling round Oz). How often do they need recharging?
Also are there any good children's headphones that anyone knows of? I've looked online and can only find ones for age 6+....

DLI Sat 03-Oct-09 12:48:35

we bought ds one (5) from argos for about £90. It lasts about two hours before it needs recharging (they average about 1 1/2 to 2 hours). You will need to make sure you get the appropriate documentation or take your reeipt so that you don't get charged tax on it when you bring it back into the country. Its this one Wharfedale PDO8900/05 Black 9in Portable DVD Player. 533/6281 Its been ok although the sound is not mega loud. I bought a case that was also in argos that came with headphones etc. They were slight big but did the job as they were the ones that went over the head. The bag was a little big though

vjg13 Sat 03-Oct-09 19:36:17

We've got a Sony one, it cost about £100 and lasts about 4 hours before it needs charging.

FiveGoMadonTheDanceFloor Sat 03-Oct-09 19:51:41

We got a philips one. At £250 it was expensive but it has a 5 hour battery life.

jenniferq Sat 03-Oct-09 20:01:12

We got a Sony one, about £120 - model is a 720 I think. And it has a 5 hours battery life.

charleymouse Sun 04-Oct-09 19:13:54

We got one in Sainsburys, Daewoo I think for £60, came with charger, carry bag, in car charger to plug into cigarette lighter and all cables. Been fine.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now