Talk

Advanced search

Tens machine for pelvic floor

(6 Posts)
Blondeinlondon Wed 08-Jun-05 18:41:19

Received a leaflet today in the mail for this...
Not sure I like the idea although it might make me do the exercises... anyone heard about it?? tried it etc??

mamasure

jessicasmummy Wed 08-Jun-05 18:45:30

ewwww, however much i need it, could you imagine RENTING it knowing where it had been?!

motherinferior Wed 08-Jun-05 19:11:20

Save the money. Just do the exercises!

Blondeinlondon Wed 08-Jun-05 19:24:51

Just the idea of the electric shocks grosses me out!

Ellaroo Wed 08-Jun-05 19:29:38

No jessicasmummy! It's just the box that has all the electronics in it that will have been used before. Most things like this attach to a vaginal probe (!) and this will be brand new and usually in a sterile sealed bag. A lot of Physiotherapy departments at hospitals use similar things (there are loads of different makes) and I think they do have some success (but it didn't help me) I think they are particularly for people whose muscles are so knackered and therefore unable to do their own pelvic floor exercises as they need a jump start iyswim. However, there is something called The Pelvic Toner which is sold here which is a bit cheaper and seems to have had fantastic results on their testimonials bit. I bought one a couple of months ago and have already seen a definite improvement. Hope that helps.

KatieMac Wed 08-Jun-05 22:40:18

I used one for months - they generally have a very good success rate - but only worked for me as long as I used it 3 days later it was no good - i was supposed to spend an hour a day using it and I would be dry for the rest of the day - it worked - but who can spend an hr a day flat on thier back?

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: