Talk

Advanced search

Mini and Maxi Micro Scooters

(4 Posts)
Cloudy1 Fri 02-Oct-09 16:41:04

Hello

I have some questions about the micro scooters. I'm thinking about getting one each for my son and daughter. Son is nearly 2 and I was planning to get one for his 2nd birthday - I was a bit surprised to see that the mini micro scooter is for age 3 - 5. I'm sure all my friends kids have been using them since around the age of 2? What do you think?

Also I want to get my daughter, who is nearly 4, one. Should I get her the mini one as well? The maxi one for older children says from age 6 and is so much more expensive. I've already made a mistake with a scooter (bought her a cheaper, clunky one that a year later she still can't use that well - she always ends up borrowing her friends mini micros at the park!) so want to get a decent one this time. I'm willing to fork out the extra if it is worth it (as son will also use it eventually) but will a 4 year old be able to use a maxi one?

So what would everyone recommend for a 2 year old and a 4 year old. Should I get 2 minis, or should I get one mini and one maxi?

Sorry this isn't the most articulate of messages - making dinner at the same time.

EldonAve Fri 02-Oct-09 19:51:18

I would get 2 minis

Some 2 year olds get on fine with them but I found mine needed to be more like 3.5 before they could be vaguely safe on the pavement

MimieD Fri 02-Oct-09 21:34:31

Yep, get 2 mini's. Nearly all Reception kids I see on the 2 wheeled ones are all over the place. My 5 year old DD1 loves her mini. Unless your daughter is really tall...as you cannot adjust the handle on the mini.

Cloudy1 Sat 03-Oct-09 15:34:33

Thank you everyone. I ended up coming to the same decision myself last night - my daughter is quite small and I think the mini will last her well. Thank goodness for that - I was quite alarmed at the price tag on the maxi (actually quite alarmed at the price tag on the mini too...!)

Thanks again!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now