Talk

Advanced search

Does anyone have experience of John Lewis/Electrolux/Zanussi ovens?

(4 Posts)
BonyM Fri 02-Oct-09 16:35:50

We are having a new kitchen (well - if the builders pull their fingers out and actually spend more than a couple of days a week here we will...) and I had more or less decided on Neff multifunction double oven but was in John Lewis today and the salesman was really talking up their own make oven. The spec is really good and it looks/feels well made - also quite a bit cheaper than the Neff equivalant and has a 3yr as opposed to 2yr guarantee. My only reservation is that I can't find much in the way of reviews on John Lewis ovens and they are made by the Electrolux group (including Zanussi, AEG) which I think are not as well-thought of/reliable as Bosch/Siemens/Neff.

Would be really grateful for any thoughts/experiences.

Thanks!

BonyM Fri 02-Oct-09 18:28:16

I know it's boring, but someone must be able to help!

Lastyearsmodel Fri 02-Oct-09 18:36:16

No direct experience of JL ovens, but can be revealing to ask them if they get many returns or problems with them. If you get a candid JL employee, they will often tell you which makes and models are the most reliable.

We've got a JL tumble drier - not bad, had the engineer out for a broken drive belt. Nearly bought a JL kettle but saleswoman admitted they got a lot back with problems. Have got a Cannon cooker and had minimal problems with it.

It used to be that JL own brand stuff was v reliable but lately have been hearing that they're not as choosy with their suppliers. But that guarantee, it's so tempting...

Has anyone seen the relevant Which? report?

BonyM Sat 03-Oct-09 08:58:14

The Which report doesn't mention the double oven although the single oven gets a good review (77%). The Electrolux ovens get good ratings so that is reassuring.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now