Talk

Advanced search

Video baby monitors

(5 Posts)
chegirl Thu 01-Oct-09 22:49:32

Anyone help with this?

I need a good baby monitor with a camera thingy.

I bought one to use with DS3, it was one of the basic ones with a mini tv from argos. It was about £70 (sorry vague I know). It just couldnt cope with the amount of interference from broadband, cordless phones etc and was useless.

The reason I need one is because OH has a disability which makes getting up and downs stairs hard so video would cut out unnessary trips to check on crying/snuffling etc. Also DS2 has SN and can get up to the most unexpected things so it would be handy to have camera to keep an eye on him when he is in the bedroom alone.

Not as a substitute for proper supervision - honest. I think it would give DS2 more independence and would help allow OH to have more involvement in care of DC5.

Never really used baby monitors much before. Bought audio ones but didnt seem to need them. When video ones first came out I remember thinkin 'what on earth would you need one of them for' but know better now grin

Any feedback/experiences would be welcome. Ta.

claudialyman Fri 02-Oct-09 08:59:36

dont know myself but would love a good one for SN ds. folks in SN might know for that reason? Will be watching with interest. Bump!

LoveBeingAMummy Fri 02-Oct-09 09:03:56

I got this one from argos I had a different one and that sounds like the one you had. This one has none of that, the battery seems to last much longer as well. The sounds also only cuts in if there is a noise so no constant humming. The screen is the same as a phone so don't know if thats too small fr you, i know its smaller than the last one we had.

chegirl Fri 02-Oct-09 11:33:38

Good idea claudia I may ask in SN.

Lovebeingamummy Thats looks quite good. I dont need for night times as baby will be in with us for ages. I think I would have to spend a fortune to get one with no interference at all so I am willing to accept a bit of fuzziness now and again.

The screen looks ok. I think a bigger one would be better but we could manage with a small screen.

Thanks for your tips guys!

fairimum Fri 02-Oct-09 14:07:38

We have one of these
cgi.ebay.co.uk/2-4GHz-Mini-Tiny-Wireless-CCTV-Day-Night-Colour-Camera_W0QQitemZ250429262804QQcmdZVie wItemQQptZUK_CCTV?hash=item3a4ebf4bd4&_trksid=p3911.c0.m14

just connects to the tv so we have a 'baby channel' - quality is fantastic and in colour!! - got sounds too, but only when on that channel obviously so also just have a normal sound monitor... just an idea!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now