Talk

Advanced search

slime for my buggy wheels

(10 Posts)
misdee Wed 08-Jun-05 14:29:01

the stuff thats meant to stop punctures, does it work? is it easy to use?

Twiglett Wed 08-Jun-05 14:30:28

no idea but picture misdee in shop

'Hello can I help you madam'

'Yes please, I would like some slime .. you know for my pram .. yes slime .. for the wheels'

LOL

leahbump Wed 08-Jun-05 14:32:20

We used it and so did a few friends (after puncture no1)- it seemed to do the trick.

It is fairly easy to put into the tyres...just a little messy. You do need to take the wheels off and let the tyres down....and the slime comes with a little gadget to take the valve in and out so you can pump the slime into the inner tube....then you just put it bakc together, pump them up and off you go.....one tube of slime = the cost os a new inner tube for me...so it was money well spent!

leahbump Wed 08-Jun-05 14:32:51

can get it from tesco.....

misdee Wed 08-Jun-05 14:36:57

lol twiglett.

so an afternoon spnt in the kicthen trying not slime everything then?

misdee Wed 08-Jun-05 14:38:35

will one pack do all 3 tyres? just spent ages the other day trying to repair a puncture, and remembered seeing some sdlime in halfords, but thought fixing punctures would ne no problem, but just couldnt be bothered so my buggy wasnt used for a week.

leahbump Wed 08-Jun-05 14:39:45

misdee,it only took about 1/2 hour to do 2 tyres!

I wouldn't do it in the Kitchen tho...and I would change clothes....nothing worst than a woman and kitchen that look like the set of ghostbusters!

leahbump Wed 08-Jun-05 14:40:18

Yes- we have some spare as we only needed to do 2 tyres!

misdee Wed 08-Jun-05 14:40:46

so outside?

leahbump Wed 08-Jun-05 14:41:51

Probably best! I did it on the driveway....I just wouldn't want your tyres or the slime to mark anything indoors!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now