Talk

Advanced search

Navy blue school shorts

(16 Posts)
Lonelymum Wed 08-Jun-05 09:36:34

Can anyone find some navy blue school shorts for sale on the internet? I felt sure M&S would have some but they don't! Tesco don't sell clothes on the internet and I can't think who else to try.

I could curse this school for having navy blue trousers and shorts as its uniform!

Lonelymum Wed 08-Jun-05 10:40:39

Desperate bump. I can't be the only poor mumwhose children go to a school with blue trousers/shorts!

Lonelymum Wed 08-Jun-05 13:25:30

Come on Mumsnet! Don't let me down.

Have tried John Lewis and Debenhams but they don't do navy shorts. BHS don't seem to have an online service.

Please help!

Gillian76 Wed 08-Jun-05 13:46:29

Saw them in Sainsbury's yesterday. Doesn't help from the online perspective but you might have one near?

Tommy Wed 08-Jun-05 13:51:49

have you tried Next? They have some school wear but haven't looked too closely cos mine are too young at the moment.

vwvic Wed 08-Jun-05 13:55:42

Adams might have some- they certainly have blue trousers.

Matalan? IIrc they have several shades of grey, so they might have some.

Woolworths? Again, many types/colours in our local store.

If you still can't find any, do you know anyone who could make some for you?

HTH

KBear Wed 08-Jun-05 14:00:16

ASDA? Just looked in Next directory - grey only.

Is there a school uniform shop in the Thomson local you could try? Most towns have one.

Lonelymum Wed 08-Jun-05 14:01:48

Right, I have no idea where there is a Sainsburys near here (recently moved).
Next, only do grey (sensible colour!)
Just checking vwvic's suggestions.

Gillian76 Wed 08-Jun-05 14:04:29

You could probably pick up some second hand on ebay

Lonelymum Wed 08-Jun-05 14:09:22

Couldn't find anything at Woolworths or Matalan. Adams don't have an online facility. I think I will try asking at the school where other people get their shorts from, though TBH, I haven't seen many boys wearing shorts. Funny that, as all the boys wore shorts at my children's last school.

alibubbles Thu 09-Jun-05 10:52:48

Message withdrawn

Lonelymum Thu 09-Jun-05 10:55:02

I would be interested to know the price, but I did eventually manage to find some shorts yesterday: the school sell them (after all that searching!) for £4.75. I want(ed) age 6 and 8 although my boys are 7 and 9 but I find most sizes too big around the waist.

aloha Thu 09-Jun-05 10:55:30

Would the school clamp down on a bit of discreet contrast stitching (white)? Because if not, Asda have lovely cotton shorts for 2pounds!

alibubbles Thu 09-Jun-05 10:56:46

Message withdrawn

Lonelymum Thu 09-Jun-05 10:59:54

Aloha - I tried Ada and couldn't see anything appropriate. In fact, I had a bit of a moan to a complete stranger about how they had nothing I wanted and she moaned back along the same lines! What I did discover at the school yesteday though was that they sell odd bits f second hand uniform at £2 a go. A rip off for the shirts IMO but a bargain for the shorts/trousers/pinafores I thought. Lickily they had some second hand shorts for ds2 so I did rather well.

Alibubbles, I will keep you in mind if I struggle to find uniform again in September.

Lonelymum Thu 09-Jun-05 11:00:34

Lickily???? I meant luckily of course.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now