Talk

Advanced search

What age do you think it is appropiate to get a child-friendly mp3 player?

(10 Posts)
nappyaddict Tue 29-Sep-09 03:15:32

When I say child friendly I mean something like the BeboP or the fisher price one.

nappyaddict Tue 29-Sep-09 03:16:13

this looks good too.

nappyaddict Tue 29-Sep-09 10:43:11

bump

littleducks Tue 29-Sep-09 10:50:59

What do you want them to use it for?

We got dd a i-teddy (which is an mp3 player in a teggy bear) for her third birthday as i remembered having a tape player as a toddler, but nothing is on tape anymore. It has music on (nursery rhymes and tumble tots cd uploaded) has the facility for games and tv but we dont use that.

I would have thought the ones you linked to would be for 4/5 yr olds?

Bramshott Tue 29-Sep-09 10:54:05

Not sure, but DD1 (6.5) came out with the immortal line the other day "when you die, can I have your ipod?" grin

silverfrog Tue 29-Sep-09 10:58:38

whenever you think your dc would get the concept of controlling music, really. and of course, it depends on how interested in music/operating one your dc would be.

dd1 had a tape deck with an adapted switch from when she was 2 (SN, hence the need for adapted switch).

she now has an mp3 with a couple fo different speaker systems. one is a teddy (pop mp3 into pouch in the back, controls in teddy's paws) and another is a speaker deck for my old iPod. hold on and I'll see if I can find either of them...

teddy is simialr to this

ipod speakers like black one here

she also nabs my ipod touch at any opportunity to play videos/music.

dd1 is now 5 and can work all the above.

dd2 is 2.7 and can manage my itouch and teddy, but the ipod speaker button is a bit small and fiddly for her.

hth

amazonianwoman Tue 29-Sep-09 13:31:33

DD 5.3 has an ipod shuffle with these speakers - they're great quality for the price.

I've downloaded her fave music (HSM, Mamma Mia hmm) and a couple of story readers onto it and she can work it no problem.

I didn't really want to buy a kids' version that she would outgrow - have enough redundant plastic lying around!

HappyMummyOfOne Wed 30-Sep-09 07:44:38

DS had a child friendly one with a volume inhibiter from 4 I think as he wanted an ipod likes dads smile. He's after an upgrade now he nearly as likes watching the music videos. The FP/Mickey one may be quickly outgrown depending on the age of your little one.

Ours was red/yellow and wont age as easily but I cant see it on Amazon anymore to link you too.

nappyaddict Mon 05-Oct-09 16:20:00

Bramshott Kids say the funniest things ay grin

nappyaddict Tue 13-Oct-09 19:54:53

Obviously he would be using it with speakers, not headphones cos I wouldn't want to damage his hearing. I wasn't allowed to get one with headphones myself til I was 16!!

Also seen the i teddy

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now