Talk

Advanced search

What tog duvet for 2.5 year old?

(10 Posts)
tab Tue 07-Jun-05 15:32:05

Can anybody advise me on this. Ive had ds in a grobag since birth and now he's moved up to a big bed. I had bourght a normal grown up duvet - 10 tog but it seems very hot and he throws it off even when whether is cold. I note that the mothercare ones are 10 tog as well? I'd bourght a synthetic one just for ease of washing. Did you start with a 4 tog one?

lilaclotus Tue 07-Jun-05 15:41:19

i bought a normal tog (i can't remember, maybe 7 or 10) and my dd was always too hot. i would recommend a 4 tog. i bought mine at ikea for a couple of pounds and it's been brilliant. if your son is too cold one night with that, you could always use a fleece blanket or throw on top.

Enid Tue 07-Jun-05 15:44:23

dd2 (2.5) has the 4 tog one from the white co.

it has been lovely and cosy - we put an eiderdown thingy on top in very cold weather

katierocket Tue 07-Jun-05 16:01:17

definitely 4 tog - no higher. Had big chat with man at John Lewis about this. It's all to do with their weight too. he said a normal weight tog is the equivalent of us having a duvet 5 times the weight of a normal one IFYKWIM. Also children get hotter than adults.

Jbck Tue 07-Jun-05 20:29:13

We've actually got a 2.5 tog & DD is still too warm sometimes. I have a cotton sheet under it but quite often that's all she wants.

foxinsocks Tue 07-Jun-05 20:31:44

I think ours are 2.5 tog (well it's half of the double duvet set that M&S sell that button together to make a super thick duvet and I think the other half was 10.5tog!).

Mine still sometimes get too hot under 2.5 and once it is mid summer, they sometimes only sleep under a sheet or one of those blankets with holes in (have suddenly forgotten their name)

Pinotmum Wed 15-Jun-05 16:27:45

I have just bought ds a duvet from the White Co -cot bed size 4.5 tog but can't get any duvet covers for it in non-baby designs/pastel colours. Has anyone found anything to fit cot bed sized duvets in plain colours or do I have to cut a single sized one to fit? ANy ideas

Weatherwax Wed 15-Jun-05 18:07:24

John Lewia do a white cot bed duvet cover on line. Perhaps you could get one and die it?

Weatherwax Wed 15-Jun-05 18:07:44

sorry lewis

Pinotmum Wed 15-Jun-05 19:09:47

Thanks, I'll take a look at that one

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: