Talk

Advanced search

What tog duvet for 2.5 year old?

(10 Posts)
tab Tue 07-Jun-05 15:32:05

Can anybody advise me on this. Ive had ds in a grobag since birth and now he's moved up to a big bed. I had bourght a normal grown up duvet - 10 tog but it seems very hot and he throws it off even when whether is cold. I note that the mothercare ones are 10 tog as well? I'd bourght a synthetic one just for ease of washing. Did you start with a 4 tog one?

lilaclotus Tue 07-Jun-05 15:41:19

i bought a normal tog (i can't remember, maybe 7 or 10) and my dd was always too hot. i would recommend a 4 tog. i bought mine at ikea for a couple of pounds and it's been brilliant. if your son is too cold one night with that, you could always use a fleece blanket or throw on top.

Enid Tue 07-Jun-05 15:44:23

dd2 (2.5) has the 4 tog one from the white co.

it has been lovely and cosy - we put an eiderdown thingy on top in very cold weather

katierocket Tue 07-Jun-05 16:01:17

definitely 4 tog - no higher. Had big chat with man at John Lewis about this. It's all to do with their weight too. he said a normal weight tog is the equivalent of us having a duvet 5 times the weight of a normal one IFYKWIM. Also children get hotter than adults.

Jbck Tue 07-Jun-05 20:29:13

We've actually got a 2.5 tog & DD is still too warm sometimes. I have a cotton sheet under it but quite often that's all she wants.

foxinsocks Tue 07-Jun-05 20:31:44

I think ours are 2.5 tog (well it's half of the double duvet set that M&S sell that button together to make a super thick duvet and I think the other half was 10.5tog!).

Mine still sometimes get too hot under 2.5 and once it is mid summer, they sometimes only sleep under a sheet or one of those blankets with holes in (have suddenly forgotten their name)

Pinotmum Wed 15-Jun-05 16:27:45

I have just bought ds a duvet from the White Co -cot bed size 4.5 tog but can't get any duvet covers for it in non-baby designs/pastel colours. Has anyone found anything to fit cot bed sized duvets in plain colours or do I have to cut a single sized one to fit? ANy ideas

Weatherwax Wed 15-Jun-05 18:07:24

John Lewia do a white cot bed duvet cover on line. Perhaps you could get one and die it?

Weatherwax Wed 15-Jun-05 18:07:44

sorry lewis

Pinotmum Wed 15-Jun-05 19:09:47

Thanks, I'll take a look at that one

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now