Talk

Advanced search

philips satin ice optima epilator

(10 Posts)
Carameli Tue 07-Jun-05 13:13:01

has anyone tried one of these? I just wondered if they were any good. They had a lady on This Morning try one and said it was great and not painful as the ice pack numbed the skin a bit.

Just looking for a different way rather than waxing.

fastasleep Tue 07-Jun-05 13:16:44

Oooh yeah do they hurt? I want one!

clary Tue 07-Jun-05 13:16:44

Carameli I use an epilator without ice pack. It hurts but not that much once you have used it for a bit. Don’t mnd the pain myself but then dh says I am a masochist (must be, went though childbirth three times!)
It’s a good cheap way of defuzzing if you keep using it tho, no ongoing payouts like waxing or shaving.

Carameli Tue 07-Jun-05 13:18:56

thinking about it, ceratinly when I add up how much I spend waxing.

Milliways Tue 07-Jun-05 16:21:25

I use an ordinary Phillips epilator, & don't notice any pain as have used it for so long the hairs get really weak. Thinking of upgrading to the gold one as it does underarms & bikini area - not sure if I am brave enough though!

Last summer I went for a leg wax (first one) for a change & the lady thought it strange that I didn't flinch, until I told her had been using an epilator.

I think it took a few attempts to get totally used to the sensation - the first time did hurt but was def. bearable.

Tinker Tue 07-Jun-05 16:22:38

Can't imagine that the ice pack is on skin long enough to numb it

Carameli Tue 07-Jun-05 16:42:12

thats exactly what I wondered Tinker, you are not exactly going to hold it on each bit of leg lng enough are you???

nerdgirl Tue 07-Jun-05 17:21:06

I bought one and have to say even with the ice it still hurt. I still use it but I threw out the ice bit! Sorry. Still no magical cure for body hair.

Anyone tried lasers??

clary Wed 08-Jun-05 20:20:06

oooh actually we shoudl ask Bloss, she's an expert on this area and laser treatment iirc in particular!

clary Wed 08-Jun-05 20:20:29

saw her posting the other day too, after not seeing her for quite a while....

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now