Talk

Advanced search

Help I need a new car, anyone have a peugeot 307 sw estate?

(14 Posts)
mpuddleduck Sun 27-Sep-09 09:19:17

My Renault espace has just given up on me, so Iam looking for a replacement. I have a limited budget and like the look of the peugeot 307 estate, the sw with extra seats in the back.
Does anyone have this car? or can recommend something big enough for four children and luggage please.

nicm Sun 27-Sep-09 14:11:46

i wouldn't get a peugeot unless they have changed alot. my 206 wasn't that good, always had electrical problems. not anywhere near as bad as my renault scenic granted but i'll never own another french car!! too unreliable and these were both bought from new.

PigeonPie Sun 27-Sep-09 14:28:57

I've got the normal 307 estate (couldn't afford the SW) and love it. It's now 6 years old and has been pretty good. I would go for a 308 with the extra seats now if I could but that also maybe due to the fact that I had great service from my garage.

I've only got 2 children but I can fit a lot in it and wouldn't go back to a hatch now.

EldonAve Sun 27-Sep-09 14:32:17

I would have thought it would be too small

mpuddleduck Mon 28-Sep-09 00:28:12

I think the sw has two extra seats in the back, so as it will only usually be me and 4 dc I would hope it would be big enough.
Reassuring comment from pigeonpie, but I might just look into the electrical side of things. funny thats an area I wasn't happy with on the espace.
Anyone got any other ideas for a car with the option for 6 or 7 seats thats not a huge mpv?

EldonAve Mon 28-Sep-09 07:03:39

sorry I thought you wanted something a similar size to the espace and I thought they were smaller despite the extra seating

sazm Mon 28-Sep-09 17:19:01

i will be watching this thread as i am also debating a 307 estate,i think it sounds like a great idea having the option of the extra seats,and they seem to be a great price,
every car has problems,so long as you know what to look out for when buying you should be fine,
i've had 3 peugeots and loved them all, i would def consider a peugeot again,

accessorizequeen Mon 28-Sep-09 21:23:23

Bear in mind you normally pay extra for the 2 seats in the back, they're not standard. I had a 307sw and loved it, fab fab fab. I know they have some problems, but we never had any and it was lovely to drive, v.economical, spacious and comfortable. You'd have to look carefully to see how much luggage space you'd have left after all the seats are in/up though. Plus you have to take seats out, rather than fold down which is no good for occasional use for a friend for example.
We bought a galaxy to replace to 307sw as we needed space for a double buggy (1yo twins plus 2 other dc's.). I found the what car website really useful for seeing how much space there was in all the different models btw and then narrowed it down for testdrives. I don't find the galaxy difficult to drive at all, which is why we bought it, but it is huge.

sazm Tue 29-Sep-09 11:03:16

you can pick up the extra seats second hand though.
so if you get a 307 estate at a good price you could buy the extra seats separately,

a 52 plate estate near us with 1 yr mot and 6 months tax went for £1300 just a couple of weeks ago!

mpuddleduck Tue 29-Sep-09 23:13:15

Sazm, do all the 307 estates have the anchor points for the extra seats?
I probably only really need 6 seats so that would be ideal. Wow what a good price, what part of the country are you?

sazm Wed 30-Sep-09 10:28:23

i havent actually looked at one,but im pretty sure they do all have them,as they were an optional extra so the seatbelts and anchor points should be there,just the seats that are needed,
im in south scotland,

mpuddleduck Wed 30-Sep-09 22:06:03

Thank you sazm, I'm feeling more and more positive,I will do a wee bit more research just to make sure they can all take the extra seats, I will also see if I can find any seats for sale.

Can I ask one more question please? Where did you see the one that sold a couple of weeks ago? I am in NW Scotland, but would be happy to travel.

sazm Wed 30-Sep-09 23:06:07

it was on ebay,
adtrader is also good(the yellow and blue paper but they also have a website),auto trader and exchange and mart are all quite good too,
depends how much you want to spend too,but if you got one from a garage you should be able to get some sort of warranty from them,

deepblue Wed 07-Oct-09 14:53:58

I have a 307SW and love it. We have the extra seats although I don't think we've ever used them hmm. There's only the three of us so we have plenty of space. Ours is a 2004 model which we've had for about two years. We had to have the flywheel replaced but luckily it was still under warranty so no charge, other than that just the usual brakes, tyres etc. We were planning to trade in around now but tbh I think we're going to keep it as it works so well for us. Petrol costs are reasonable imo.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now