Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Recommend me a doll please.

(7 Posts)
Tobermory Sat 26-Sep-09 14:47:41

Up until very recently my DD (2.4) has loved her rag dolls. But she is becoign increasingly obsessed with 'babies' by which she means the plastic type of doll-she doesnt have one as yet.

There are obviously many, please show me a 'nice' one.

ShirleyL Sat 26-Sep-09 15:13:11

My dd loves her baby stella, though its not plastic its fabric. You can buy lots of accessories for it. It has a magnetic dummy which is lovely. I think its lovely but i'm biased because the lifelike dolls scare me a bit....

ramonaquimby Sat 26-Sep-09 15:28:40

have to say dolls are really much of a muchness -I have 3 girls so qualify as an expert here (grin) Baby Annabel is worth the money, can usually get it half price in the run up to xmas, also the Baby Lucy or whatever she's called this year from ELC is pretty good. check out boots for their 3 for 2 offer, baby anabel is usually included in this.

MrsBadger Sat 26-Sep-09 15:36:56

Anything by Corolle - they do cost but they have nice faces and are really well made.

I reckon you need one of their 'Les Classiques' babies thus - the 3+ ones would be fine for a 2.4yo

Amazon often have the best price - pick the one you want from Corolle's own site and do a google shopping on its name.
And make it a Christmas present, not a 'nothing' present

NorkilyChallenged Sat 26-Sep-09 15:39:03

I agree on Corolle. Not cheap but by far the nicest.

spacedog Sat 26-Sep-09 16:38:53

Try www.bambolina.co.uk for a lovely range difficult to find in the shops. They do Corolle and loads of other brands. The owner is very helpful too and the dollies come with loads of accessories and very well wrapped in pink tissue. I am addicted to this site

Tobermory Sun 27-Sep-09 12:58:05

Thanks all for ideas.

Quite like the corolle stuff but shock at cost!

Will defo be a Xmas present if I go for one of these. Im v good at spnding money but dont generally buy much in the way of toys other than birthday/Xmas

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now