Talk

Advanced search

Are slings really safe ?

(5 Posts)
MamanFlo Tue 07-Jun-05 11:37:54

Hi mums !

I just bought a huggababy sling, tried it in the shop and it seemed fine. However, the leaflet in it says that I should always make sure that the baby is securely in the sling, and they sell a safety harness too....

I was wondering if any of you had had a scare or even an accident (baby falling etc...) with a sling...I was already worried with my baby bjorn (but it is soooo uncomfortable, I had to change)...now I am getting more worried.

thanks for your replies !

flo

Sponge Tue 07-Jun-05 11:40:33

We had both of ours in a baby Bjorn with no problems at all. Never had any feeling that it was unsafe. As long as it's done up properly you should be fine.

zebraZ Tue 07-Jun-05 11:52:16

Technically a baby bjorn isn't a sling, it's a front carrier. i couldn't get on with a Maya pouch (sling), but agree, it didn't feel safe to me....

If baby bjorn isn't done up tightly enough or if baby is very small with old-style baby bjorns they can slip thru the gaps at the sides of the baby bjorn.

tarantula Tue 07-Jun-05 12:11:29

Never had a problem with mine. I had a Maya sling to begin with but the rind dug into my shoulder so I made one myself in the end. Dd always seemed safe in it and loved it very much. DD is starting to go through a carry me phase so Ill have to get it out again cos its easier than carrying her in my arms.

bensmum3 Tue 07-Jun-05 20:20:11

I have the irish equivalent to the huggababy,which I've just put up for sale as ds is just too big now at nearly 2, and it was just perfect , ds went to sleep very easily in it, I have never had an occasion to be worried abut him falling out,used to transfer from boat to boat with him in it, although when climbing fences or leaning over I do tend to put my arm around him, (just for my peace of mind). I really enjoyed using my sling and still use my ergo nearly every day, hope you're able to relax and enjoy yours too.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now