Talk

Advanced search

Baby monitor recommendations please?

(14 Posts)
PavlovtheForgetfulCat Fri 25-Sep-09 16:36:35

We want it to be 2-way, rechargeable, not too pricey - recommendations, we had 2 last time and they both broke. But were both secondhand, this time we are buying new.

pocketmonster Fri 25-Sep-09 20:13:18

Phillips digital - not sure of exact model but can look and come back to you - but not tonight as already had a LARGE glass of pinot! two way rechargeable generally brill.

PavlovtheForgetfulCat Fri 25-Sep-09 20:33:18

sounds good, enjoy the vino!

InTheZenGarden Sat 26-Sep-09 08:10:26

We have the BT digital one, it is two-way, rechargeable etc. Not sure of the model (I'm thinking 100...150 maybe?) It is the blue one which I think was middle of the range. It doesn't have room thermometer or the ability to plug in an iPod, which the top-of-the-range model had, as we didn't really see the need....

Really really pleased with it

pigleychez Sat 26-Sep-09 21:21:23

We have the BT 150.

2 way, rechargeable, excellent control from the parent unit, room thermeter, all the bells and whistles.

Think it cost about £80.
well worth it.

norktasticninja Sat 26-Sep-09 21:35:08

Phillips digital here too. We've got two actually, I was so pleased with DD's that I tracked down another second hand when I was pregnant with DS. The original was this this and the one I got second hand is this.

I think the yellow one does more tricks, but I've no idea what.

norktasticninja Sat 26-Sep-09 21:39:40

Both are two way, rechargeable (with low battery alert), have variable volume on the parent unit, show the room temperate, double as a night light (if you want), have the option of sound and temperature alerts and play horrid electronic lullabies.

PavlovtheForgetfulCat Sun 27-Sep-09 08:57:20

oh lovely thanks all! i have looked at the bt one, but not the phillips. not bothered about room temp as we have CH and digital thermostat, or the lovely horrid electronic lullabies! Not going for second hand as we did that last time and it broke on us after about 6 months.

£80 is a lot, its more than we wanted to pay for it, but if it works well, then we might well just do that.

smile

norktasticninja Sun 27-Sep-09 09:14:09

Do you have a thermostat in every room envy? We've only got one in the sitting room so it often is much warmer or cooler in the bedrooms than the temperature I've set.

PavlovtheForgetfulCat Sun 27-Sep-09 09:16:01

No I wish! but the thermostat is situated in the coldest room in the house (our hallway) so if that is at the right temp the rest of the house is.

norktasticninja Sun 27-Sep-09 09:42:32

Ah! But then the temperature in the rest of the house will surely be warmer than in the hall? I know that's how it works here. Not that it actually matters or means you need a temperature monitor on you baby monitor of course!

PavlovtheForgetfulCat Sun 27-Sep-09 11:51:46

I have the radiator thermostats turned right down in the rest of the room to adjust accordingly, unless I want them hotter. grin

PavlovtheForgetfulCat Sun 27-Sep-09 11:53:25

So, I have a digital thermostat to adjust the max temp based on the hallway radiator, then individual thermostats on each radiator that I can turn up and down.

When we had DD the room temp thingies were pointless anyway as we had a heatwave and couldn't do anything even if we wanted to turn it down! Apart from use a fan.

norktasticninja Sun 27-Sep-09 12:17:11

Indeed! It was 26 degrees in the DC's bedrooms for most of the summer and there was very little I could do about it. Rather worrying with a newborn.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now