Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Anyone have an iCandy Cherry and put their baby in the pushchair bit before 6 months?

(5 Posts)
mootthing Fri 25-Sep-09 15:35:02

I have an iCandy Cherry and I love it on the whole but my son who is now 4 months is already too big for the carrycot and the pushchair bit says it's only to be used from 6 months. It seems like there is a gap between the size of the carrycot and the pushchair. We have tried him in the pushchair but, although he seemed to like it well enough, the shoulder straps came way above his shoulders and he seemed to rattle around in it rather. I'm thinking of trying to wedge him in with blankets or similar but don't want to do damage to his spine by using it too early obviously.

Anyone had the same problem? How did you solve it?

Eyeballls Fri 25-Sep-09 16:03:38

I had an iCandy Apple and put dd in the seat at about the same age, mainly because she detested the carrycot from day one. The shoulder straps were big but I had the seat tilted back so she was almost lying down anyway and it seemed to be ok. She much preferred that.

fairimum Fri 25-Sep-09 20:43:45

Yes about 4/5 months with it laying back pretty flat, also used a head hugger thing we had been given - www.bettacare.co.uk/acatalog/Head_Huggers.html made it much more snug - as HV said is much better than the car seat and a huge % of babies are in travel systems with just a carseat bit until 6 months!

mootthing Fri 25-Sep-09 20:48:16

Thanks fairimum, those look like they might solve the problem quite nicely. I'd not seen them before!

CultureMix Sat 26-Sep-09 20:58:58

Same here, I have an iCandy Apple and for both DSs I moved them into the seat around 4 months, they were getting really bored in the cot unit. I used this seat insert to stop them rattling around, and very happy with it. I can also tuck in both 'ears' to help keep the baby's head still when asleep.
It's like a mini version of those big fleece buggy liners, and provides some padding and extra warmth. I also used it in the car seat after first removing the infant head hugger insert.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now