Talk

Advanced search

Identikids bands

(25 Posts)
Whizzz Mon 06-Jun-05 22:09:22

If you are thinking of buying some of the Identikids wristbands (in case your child gets lost)
bands here
be warned that they aren't very big ! My DS is 4 & has not got chubby wrists & the bands just fit.
Boots sell them & I didn't see them in different sizes - they are supposed to fit up to age 7.
They are a good idea though.

Hulababy Mon 06-Jun-05 22:12:08

I have some of the single use ones from this site and they seem fine, as do the leather reusable bands (which fasten with a buckle). Not tried these other ones - so thanks for warning.

sallystrawberry Mon 06-Jun-05 22:12:10

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Whizzz Mon 06-Jun-05 22:13:47

Good thing is DS really likes wearing it & even wore it to nursery today !
£6 for 3 though is not cheap !

Nemo1977 Mon 06-Jun-05 22:16:31

oo never seen them before
we r going away this week so may go and get some for ds who ia 19mths
how much where they in boots and for how many?

Nemo1977 Mon 06-Jun-05 22:18:40

can i just ask r they the reusable ones in boots?

qwerty1234 Mon 06-Jun-05 22:41:59

Yes the ones in Boots are re-usable. My children all wear these bands. My eldest has just turned 8 years old. Whilst they only just fit her they are not designed to fit an 8 year old. They fit my five year old perectly and have done so for well over 12 months when I first bought them from their website. I have also bought some for my 18 month old neice and they fit her as well without falling off. It is wonderful that I have managed to buy the bands in Boots. As for £6.00 being expensive when I lost my boy just before I bought the first lot, I would have paid £100's if not thousands of £'s to get him back. He went missing for about 15 minutes in a busy shopping centre, it felt like hours and I felt really sick. I thought I had lost him forever. £6.00 there worth a lot more. I cant believe that when someone comes up with such a brilliant and simple idea that other people want to knock them down. I will never go anywhere with my children without them wearing their Identikids bands. I believe that it is every parents duty to protect their children whenever possible.

Nemo1977 Mon 06-Jun-05 22:54:12

can i just ask which section in boots they are in? will go and look tommorow as we go away on saturday

qwerty1234 Mon 06-Jun-05 22:56:56

We found them on those strip that they hang about the store.I think they were near the sun creams and also in the baby dept.

Davros Tue 07-Jun-05 09:10:27

GLTC have started doing a little plastic thiing you can attach to a zip etc, like a keyring basically but you can put the info inside the plastic tag. Some might prefer them to wrist bands.

Nemo1977 Tue 07-Jun-05 12:44:30

found them today and ds currently wearing it and thinks its fab..lol

Whizzz Tue 07-Jun-05 18:27:35

qwerty1234 Tue 07-Jun-05 19:46:42

Just had a look at GLTC keyring. Thought it may be a good idea. Always onthe lok out for new ideas. This looks like the key rings that you can get anywhere. Only thing I dont lie about it is that all the confidential information is on view for all prying eyes to see.It could have been a nice idea but I dont want my childs details on view for all to see nor my contact details. I will have to continue with the wristbands as all the information is contained within and is there for emergencies only.

Thanks for pointing it out anyway.

Whizzz Mon 04-Jul-05 19:46:16

Just noticed a MN link + offer at the top of the Days Out threads for these in case anyone was thinking of buying any !

TinyGang Mon 04-Jul-05 19:59:19

Baker Ross do some nice keyrings (I got heart shaped ones, but they do square shaped too) with which you can fill in your details.

(Sorry the link will only bring up the Home page, but just saerch the word keyring and they come up)

TinyGang Mon 04-Jul-05 20:04:30

This might be better.

mumbojumbo Tue 05-Jul-05 09:13:40

Just got these for ds1 and ds2. Look at the short strap link and there are pictures.

qwerty1234 Tue 05-Jul-05 09:36:15

Looked at these other keyrings and neck chains that have been posted. As before the confidential information is on show. This in my opinion is unsecure. Sticking with bands. Tried and tested. Only thing is my sister in law wants a longer band for my nephew as he is 8. Does any one know who does a longer re-usable band?

eidsvold Tue 05-Jul-05 11:37:43

thinking about using these for my two...

here

Hopps Tue 05-Jul-05 12:55:47

I've bought the mykiddietags too \link{mykiddietag.com} and use them all the time. Kids of 6 and 4 they wear the short strap ones on their clothes and put them on their book bags. They put them on for parties and days out my eldest even wore hers on a school trip last week. Better than those stupid sticky labels my school use. It rained and they fell off.

They only carry my mobile number no confidential info at all. Although i think you could include an allergy or the like. They were really helpful when i rang them and advised me to put +44 on so i could use them on holiday. Mine arrived very quickly.. I'm thinking about getting the neck strap ones for holiday as well for the beach and they've go a safety clasp.

Hope that helps

carriemumsnet (MNHQ) Tue 05-Jul-05 14:57:19

You might want to check out the sponsors of the Days out section on Talk here . They've got a money off offer running for mumsnet members until July 10th and it would be great to support them if you're thinking of buying ID bands, because they're supporting mumsnet by sponsoring us.

Thanks

qwerty1234 Wed 06-Jul-05 19:57:11

Hopps....Do you own kidditags??????????

Hopps Tue 26-Jul-05 21:59:16

Bit offended by this.. i found mykiddietag link on this mumsnet website.

So the answer to the question is No?

I just thought they were a good idea.

Skribble Tue 26-Jul-05 23:09:42

From someone who has operated lost childrens post PPPPLLLEEEAAASSSEEEE use them.

In this age when we nearly all have mobiles it makes it so easy, so many of the kids we had knew mum/ dad had a mobile but had no idea what their number was. All we need is a mobile and perhaps a second name if we need to tannoy.

We always recommend putting out a message like "would Mrs Smith to go to information desk" for example, rather than "can the parent of John Smith".

calvemjoe Wed 27-Jul-05 00:05:36

Identikids also do allergy bands that you write on what your child is allergic to. I find them reassuring. you never know whats gonna happen

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: