Talk

Advanced search

Bath that fits in a shower - has anyone found anything cheaper than this?

(13 Posts)
LaCerbiatta Wed 23-Sep-09 13:08:19

This one. Seems to be a good solution but it's a bit expensive. Does anyone know of a cheaper alternative? Our knew house doesn't have a bath and we have a 4 year old dd and a ds on the way.

Thanks!

sazm Wed 23-Sep-09 13:32:55

we have a shower room and a bathroom,we thought the kids would use the bath,

in fact they all LOVE the shower even my 9m old (he was 4 months when we moved here),our bath has only been used twice!(i also have a 3yo and 5yo)

it looks cool but would take AGES to fill i'd think?
you could buy a baby bath for your newborn for the first few months?

bran Wed 23-Sep-09 13:35:41

That's quite a big shower in the picture, and I bet the bath thing would be a pain to set up and store away everytime. DS is 5 and has loved having showers since he was about 3, DD (20 mo) is less keen and prefers a bath though.

LaCerbiatta Wed 23-Sep-09 13:40:59

Yes, I'm worried about filling and emptying it as well.... Dd is very happy about showers at the moment, but I'm worried about the baby....

Sazm: do you sit your 9mo in the shower and hold the shower over him? Is that easy to do?

bran Wed 23-Sep-09 13:51:10

What about something like this for the baby, or this.

We found that we couldn't bath the DCs together as DS liked to have a bit of space to himself then, but I think it would be very difficult in a shower anyway.

muddleduck Wed 23-Sep-09 13:55:14

another vote for using an inflatable one for the baby. worked well for us.

LaCerbiatta Wed 23-Sep-09 14:04:13

Why the inflatable instead of a normal baby bath, is it a lot smaller?

muddleduck Wed 23-Sep-09 14:44:55

None of the cheapish normal ones fitted in our shower but the inflatable one fitted fine. Only downside is they are more of a faff to keep clean.

bran Wed 23-Sep-09 16:54:40

I imagine an inflatable one would be a bit more flexible, eg if a rigid baby bath was a couple of inches too long for the shower then it just wouldn't fit at all, whereas an inflatable one would have a bit of give so that you could wedge it in anyway.

sarah293 Wed 23-Sep-09 16:57:05

Message withdrawn

sazm Wed 23-Sep-09 17:47:47

hiya,our 9mo has just started sitting up,so he now sits,before that he lay on his tummy and he LOVES it,giggles the whole time!when he was about 4mo he lay on his back and we just used the shower hose on him,

at our old house we had a big bath,but we just used the baby bath on top of the kitchen table as we found it easier,

LaCerbiatta Thu 24-Sep-09 10:46:13

Thanks! I still have a few months to go, but I'll probably get the inflatable bath.

mogs0 Sat 26-Sep-09 23:06:54

We used to have an inflatable bath in our caravan for ds. He used it until he was about 4yrs!! I even managed to fit him and another toddler in it when they were both about 2yrs!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now