Talk

Advanced search

Build a Bear Gift Vouchers - how much would I need to give a decent present?

(9 Posts)
Thelongroadhome Wed 23-Sep-09 09:53:11

Hi,
Thinking about buying a build a bear present for my neice but not sure how much I would have to give to get a decent bear and maybe something to wear? Not really wanting to spend more than £15 to £20 and wondering if that would be enough?
Thanks.

sazm Wed 23-Sep-09 12:52:50

how old is she?

i have one my sister bought me a few years ago,
last time i was in the shop for a look i think the the outfits were between £12.99 and about £25.00

i think the bears were about £15+ depending on which one you wanted,

could you club together with some other family members to get her some more vouchers?

twirlymum Wed 23-Sep-09 13:06:37

You can get an outfit from ten pounds, separates from 4-5 pounds. Shoes start at about five pounds.
My dd and her classmates went through a phase of having build-a-bear parties for their 7th/8th birthdays, so we have a lot of very well-dressed stuffed animals in this house!
If she doesn't have a bear to start with, they start at around twelve pounds, but have optional extras, such as sound chips, or a recordable one that you can put your own message on.

Thelongroadhome Wed 23-Sep-09 20:44:53

Thanks for those messages. She will be 6 and my other niece who is also 6 loves them so I thought that would be an easy thing that she was likely to like. But, they dont live that near a shop and I dont want it to end up costing them a fortune which it sounds like it might if my voucher will only really pay for the bear itself. No-one else to club with for her unfortunately. Hmmm, think I might need to get back to the drawing board!

sazm Wed 23-Sep-09 23:38:53

yep its a lovely idea,but i know when i go into the shop i see loads i like,but i havent got around to buying mine another outfit as all the ones i like are a fortune!

bluejeans Wed 23-Sep-09 23:47:58

I would suggest £20 - your niece will be able to get a bear and outfit as long as she goes for one of the cheaper bears. There are lots of optional extras (eg pants - £3 shock) so whoever takes her will have to be careful if they don't want to spend extra!

snice Wed 23-Sep-09 23:49:49

Cheapest 2 or 3 bears are £8 then a few at £12 or so then rest range up to £20. T-shirt and jeans or dress £8ish so if you get one of the cheaper bears you can get an outfit as well for £20. [[ http://www.buildabear.co.uk/shop/browsecategory.aspx?Category=All+Furry+Friends&SiteCode=BABW_UK Prices of bears here]]

(Can you tell I have an 8yr old DD?)

snice Wed 23-Sep-09 23:51:46

try again

Thelongroadhome Fri 25-Sep-09 22:13:37

Thanks for your help - think will go for the 20 pound voucher and hope her mum and dad dont go mad at having to do a trip to build a bear and then subsidise any extra spending!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now