Talk

Advanced search

Pushchiar/travel systems for TALL parents!!!

(9 Posts)
ButtonMoon Mon 06-Jun-05 15:38:22

We are looking around at the mo for a travel system with taller than average handlebars. Been to MCare and they all seem to be similar height and cause DH to slouch when pushing them. have found handlebar extensions on the net but couldn't be bothered with that kind of hassle!!! Anyone know of a good one that is a bit taller (think the average is around 110cm??? ) Cheers

geekgrrl Mon 06-Jun-05 16:04:59

hi buttonmoon, i have an M&P pliko which has extendable handlebars. I'll go and measure them later for you, but I'm 5ft10in, dh is 6ft, and the height is fine for us. one tip - if you do decide to go for the pliko, they're much cheaper in Germany and places like www.mytoys.de do delivery to UK for £3.50. You can really save a good amount of money. I got mine from a German eBay seller. They're sold under the PegPerego brand name on the continent, but the models are called the same.

fairydust Mon 06-Jun-05 16:09:37

i think the highest your going to find is a 110cm's as that is a very generous handel height as the average seems to be 106cm's - unless you go for a proper pram with air filled tyres type thing.

fairydust Mon 06-Jun-05 16:10:22

we had this problem with dh as he is 6ft 4 - we got a maclaren techno as that has a good handel height.

geekgrrl Mon 06-Jun-05 16:17:59

i've just checked - the pliko maximum is 108, my other pushchair with ordinary handles is 95.

Chuffed Mon 06-Jun-05 16:25:03

My boss has the bebeconfort Everest and they got that as she is 5 10 and her husband is 6 5. it is a 3 wheeler travel system.

PinkFluffPudding Mon 06-Jun-05 16:31:49

Dh is 6'4, I am 5'9. We have the Jane Powertrack 360... it has an adjustable handlebar and DH copes just fine with it on it's highest setting.

PinkFluffPudding Mon 06-Jun-05 16:32:47

We also have hte Techno XT which has adjustable handlebars - never been a prob for DH.

oooggs Mon 06-Jun-05 16:56:14

DH is 6'4" and I am 5'9" - we have the Jane Powertrack and it is great even goes low enough for mil who is 5'0"

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now