Talk

Advanced search

DS Lite - suitable games

(16 Posts)
Sexonlegs Mon 21-Sep-09 20:10:25

Evening

Dh and I have given in and bought dd1 (6) a DS for xmas. I am now wondering what games are suitable and if anyone could recommend any. Also interested in educational games for her age (y2). I am clueless!!

Thank you.

MaryBS Mon 21-Sep-09 20:43:45

Cooking mama and Club Penguin are good.

My DD is a bit older (9) and the educational games she has (brain training and Professor Layton) are too difficult for a 6 yo...

SparkyToo Tue 22-Sep-09 12:56:25

I the Club Penguin - just like the Club Penguin on the internet?

MaryBS Thu 24-Sep-09 16:06:59

It seems so to me, DD says not totally, you have to do missions and things. Both my two like playing it though.

LIZS Thu 24-Sep-09 16:10:38

Maths training was good for dd to learn her tables and bonds.dd liked her Disney Princess game.

SoupDragon Thu 24-Sep-09 16:11:30

Animal Crossing is good.

TreeTrunkThighs Thu 24-Sep-09 16:15:02

Nintendogs is DD1s fave. Imagine Babies is #2 and Hamsterz 2 is #3.

She has got but never plays Worms, Brain Training and Sims 3.

Nintendogs is the fave by a LOOOONG way.

She is 6.

HTH.

MilaMae Sat 26-Sep-09 16:56:50

My ds has just turned 6 after a nightmare start he now absolutely loves his Nintendogs. His bday was yesterday and he couldn't crack into it (teach it it's name) he got really upset.

Anyway at 6.30 this am we heard plantive calling from his bedroom-"Smokey,Smokey etc etc" then one very excited boy came running in as he'd cracked it,has now taught it to sit and it weed and did a poo an hour ago (highlight of the day),hasn't put it down all day hmm

He sold his bubbles in the 2nd hand store by accident-anybody know how we get them back?

The other one was Carnival Funfair and he adores that too-so do I grin

charis Sat 26-Sep-09 17:00:24

lego star wars/ lego indiana jones/ lego batman all firm favorites of ds. Also mario cart.

elliepac Sat 26-Sep-09 17:04:19

we have:-

cooking mama
carnival
madagascar
mariocart
legostarwars/batman
peppa pig
power rangers
ben 10

Obviously the last two give it away that i have a DS. The only thing i would say is that look carefully at the games before you buy, some say suitable from 3 upwards but in reality are far too difficult.

I am sure she will love it smile

lilmissmummy Wed 30-Sep-09 16:37:02

My DD is 4 nearly 5 and loves:-

Cooking Mama
Cooking Mama 2
Animal Crossing
Nintendogs
Peppa Pig
Disney Friends
Disney Princesses

My 8 year old loves

Lego Star wars
Lego Indiana Jones
Cooking Mama 2
Ben 10 Alien Force
My Sims
Monsters Vs Aliens
Crash Boom Bang

Hope she enjoys it. Would definitely go with Nintendogs though!

Karam Wed 30-Sep-09 20:23:26

My 5 (almost 6) year old likes...

Disney Friends
Disney Princess enchanted jewels game
Junior Brain training
Touchmaster (adult games but they're quite simple so she enjoys it).

My two / three year old enjoys Peppa Pig. My eldest plays with it from time to time, but it doesn't sustain her interest.

Junior brain training is her fave to be honest, as she enjoys the word games, simple adding and subtraction games and so on...

babster Fri 02-Oct-09 16:52:58

Littlest Pet Shop is very popular with my dds (the Winter one is currently on offer at Amazon I believe). Tamagotchi Corner Shop and Hello Kitty are also good.
High School Musical 3 is to be avoided ;)

Karam Sat 03-Oct-09 16:42:51

Babster - what age do you think the hello kitty one is suitable for?? Just my three year old loves playing her big sister's Peppa pig game, and we thought of getting her a new game. She loves all things hello kitty, but I thought it might be a bit old for her?

babster Mon 05-Oct-09 14:52:42

Whoops, sorry, just saw this. Hello Kitty Big City Dreams is advertised as 3+ so should be OK, if she knows her way around a DS. My dds are 9 and 7 and they find it cute and fun, but not particularly challenging.

Poledra Mon 05-Oct-09 14:56:19

DD1 (6 in January) has some of the games mentioned here and has also spent a hoooooge amount of time playing Tinkerbell. In fact, when she first got it, I used to feel like Captain Hook when I heard the sodding music coming up behind me and the plaintive voice 'Mummy, can you read this to me?' Thank god she can read it herself now!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now