Advanced search

Is it worth insuring an iPhone?

(14 Posts)
MrsMerryHenry Mon 21-Sep-09 11:48:08

If so, what's the best way to do it?

MrsMerryHenry Mon 21-Sep-09 21:01:18

Well, I guess not, then!

bramblebooks Mon 21-Sep-09 21:13:06

You can insure it when you buy it from O2.

They have the tendency to leap down toilets when not insured. This leads to them not working at all, having to pay off the entire remaining contract and buying a new one.
blush

MrsMerryHenry Mon 21-Sep-09 21:16:39

Yes, but O2 charge £120 a year. No WAY am I going to pay them that much.

You're right though, it would be a bugger to have to buy another one with the contract still outstanding. I'll find an alternative option.

brokenspacebar Mon 21-Sep-09 21:19:15

I just had to pay to have the glass screen to be replaced, after owning it for 1 week, it cost me £70..... ouch.

ilovemydogandmrobama Mon 21-Sep-09 21:20:46

Check house insurance. It may be an additional charge, but usually cheaper than the phone insurance.

MrsMerryHenry Mon 21-Sep-09 21:20:47

shock Okay you've convinced me.

What happened to your phone in the space of a week, spacebar?

LongDroopyBoobyLady Mon 21-Sep-09 21:21:56

Mine's on the house insurance and cost £24 to be added to our existing policy but also insures other items I may use outside of the house and lose, damage, get stolen etc...

WebDude Mon 21-Sep-09 21:25:31

I did see someone complain that despite a 2 year contract the phone was only under warranty for a year.

Maybe a look at MoneySavingExpert or even DooYoo.co.uk for comments about the iPhone will find some answers (or on Yahoo! Answers, if you get no comments elsewhere).

FWIW, I don't have one, so cannot suggest anything, sorry.

MrsMerryHenry Mon 21-Sep-09 21:25:32

You, LongDroopyBooby, are marvellous. Thank you.

brokenspacebar Mon 21-Sep-09 21:27:05

I didn't zip up my handbag, was getting out of the car, iphone landed flat on the tarmac and the glass shattered.

WebDude Mon 21-Sep-09 21:27:31

I did spot your query earlier. Looks like others hit 'updated lasy 15/60 minutes' and it woke the iPhone club up

WebDude Mon 21-Sep-09 21:29:28

Only mentioned the fragility of the screen to someone on another thread a few days ago, after I saw a column online from a journalist who had had the same sort of thing happen. (3G or 3GS thread, probably in Geeky stuff)

nymphadora Mon 21-Sep-09 21:41:23

I have posh case, plastic cover thing on screen and extended my warranty. It's on my house insurance too

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now