Talk

Advanced search

Which small thermos food container for school please?

(6 Posts)
MaggieW Sun 20-Sep-09 11:00:32

I'm looking for compact food containers that will keep food warm during winter in school lunchboxes. Any recommendations please?

sazm Sun 20-Sep-09 12:07:41

thermos do small ones,in nice colours for lo's
our tesco has them

Ivykaty44 Sun 20-Sep-09 12:22:03

www.kaboodle.com/reviews/stainless-steel-tiffin-tin

Something like this?

angrypixie Sun 20-Sep-09 12:25:25

GLTC have some but my dd complained that her pasta wasn't very warm at 12.30.

callaird Sun 20-Sep-09 15:25:56

Thermos do small snack jars that keep food warm for around 4 hours, they work quite well but I have found that filling with boiling water, replacing the lid and leaving for a few minutes (usually when heating food to go into it) keeps the food warmer longer.

It does come with a folding spoon which is rubbish!! It just keeps folding up while the children are using it so always pack their own spoon and fork.

Thermos snak jar

They come in blue, pink and black.

They also do stainless steel ones which are more expensive but I have not used them so can't comment on there usefulness!

twolittledarlings Thu 24-Sep-09 18:33:47

I bought both my girls the Stanley Food Flask from Lakeland for their lunches at school during the winter. They said that the food was still warm as the flasks keeps the food warm for up to 7 hours. TK Maxx sells these too. You can shop around.

To make sure the food is hot, I was told to put boiling water in first for a few minutes, then pour it out and put the food in. That's how the insides stay hot.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now