Talk

Advanced search

What is your child's favourite toy?

(29 Posts)
hunkermunker Sun 05-Jun-05 17:19:08

This is probably DS's at the moment

Please provide a link to a picture.

marne Sun 05-Jun-05 17:25:31

My dds favourite toy is a wooden spoon and her potty, spends hours just stiring her (empty potty), we have spend loads on toys but she likes the simple things best.

SleepyJess Sun 05-Jun-05 17:48:34

This is little DS's. He is called Pelle DS adores him. He has been ill in hospital this past week (as other threads!) and, as always, Pelle accompanied him and went through everything with him! In fact Pelle still has a plaster on his hand where one of the many lines went in! (Or rather Alex had many lines.. and Pelle had the occasion procedure to convinces Alex to!

I have just seen that the company that we bought Pelle from has gone bust.. .. and the above link is to a german site! I hope Pelle never goes missing! Was considering buying one of Pelle's relatives as a reward to little DS for being so brave in hopsital!

SJ x

ambrosia Sun 05-Jun-05 18:59:35

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

triceratops Sun 05-Jun-05 19:52:49

Cars, planes, trains, diggers. He likes his transport. I am not expecting him to join greenpeace anytime soon.

bee3 Sun 05-Jun-05 19:56:03

LOL hunkermunker - when I saw the thread title I immediately thought of ds's drum, clicked on your link and there it was .
It's been his most enduring toy as well, we got it when he was about 6 months, and he's now 16 months and still loves it. He has it sitting in a corner while it plays the disco music and he gets on with other stuff, then each time the music stops he wanders over, bashes it again, has a little dance, then goes back to whatever he was doing. Just love it !

kama Sun 05-Jun-05 19:59:49

Message withdrawn

Hulababy Sun 05-Jun-05 20:02:51

Difficult as DD (3y 1m) actually enjoys playing with lots of different toys. Her big favourite is probably her dolls (Baby Annabel, Cabbage Patch, Baby Lucy and some other non-named ones) and assorted play stuff. She also loves her ktichen andmarket stall, with food and tea sets. And she still loves her Happy Land - something she plays more so with recently than when they were first started o be bought when she was very little.

cod Sun 05-Jun-05 20:03:29

Message withdrawn

Hausfrau Sun 05-Jun-05 20:05:41

QueenEagle Sun 05-Jun-05 20:06:04

footballs
we have 43

Hausfrau Sun 05-Jun-05 20:10:10

whymummy Sun 05-Jun-05 20:12:48

ds (7) medieval soldiers
dd (5) anything with animals,noah's ark,safari and silvanian families

kid Sun 05-Jun-05 20:15:04

My DD loves plain paper and a pencil so she can make and then take a register and dinner register and then boss her imaginary class around!

wilbur Sun 05-Jun-05 20:21:09

ds (4) - brio train set
dd (2) - ds's laundry basket, which she puts over her head and then bumps into walls laughing hysterically.

SleepyJess Sun 05-Jun-05 20:26:09

Hausfrau.. I don't know.. all I know is that you can't get on the UK supplier's site (Puppetsdirect). It gives a dubious 'gone bust' style message! Perhaps I am just jumping to conclusions though. Good to know that I can order another puppet from Pelle's family from Germany if I need to though. They are great.. Pelle has helped teach DS Makaton (signing used with speech for SN). I think they are often used for special needs children although we only bought Pelle because he used to play with an identical one at Pre-school which he adored. You should have seen his face when his own Pelle arrived in a great big box!! We ordered it one afternoon/evening on the net and he came the next morning!!

Perhaps I ought to buy Lotta as Pelle's girlfriend. Or maybe we should call her Hausfrau??!

SJ x

Hausfrau Sun 05-Jun-05 20:51:46

cod Sun 05-Jun-05 20:52:12

Message withdrawn

emily05 Sun 05-Jun-05 20:55:39

Ds is fickle! One day it is his Thomas the Tank engines and the next it is his freaky orange Boobah (yuck!)

jangly Sun 05-Jun-05 20:55:48

Climbing frame and footballs. Got him this recently and he totally ignores it.

lunavix Sun 05-Jun-05 20:58:04

jack

he's similar to the 'toddels natur' under 'toddels' except his body isn't all brown, it's the same colour as his face, he just has a brown jumper. And he doesn't have a face, it's blank.

ds LOVES him, we also have a spare jack for emergencies!

lunavix Sun 05-Jun-05 21:00:20

On the actual 'toy' front...

this toddlin tunes puppy was the best money spent. Had to win it from a guy in america on ebay (was 99c! With other toys in a job lot) and pay £14 postage... but that's still it's retail price and it was worth every penny.

bigdonna Mon 06-Jun-05 10:56:04

hi kid, i cant believe you have a dd like mine i thought she was the only strange one!!.she has us in fits of laughter talking to her class of 30. also she loves her playmobil very very much.

MRSflamesparrow Mon 06-Jun-05 11:02:32

Boo Beanie

Hers is actually just a basic Boo, or a Tiger Boo (neither are shown).... I want that Bat one now I've seen it though!!!

Newbarnsleygirl Mon 06-Jun-05 11:04:41

DD's are Woody and Buzz from Toy Story and Sulley from Monsters Inc. She's only 20 months but for some reason obsessed with them both so they all come everywhere with us now.

She used to have a crib blanket and she played with the label on it. It came everywhere and she could'nt go to bed without it but dh has banished it along with the dummy.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now