Talk

Advanced search

Buggy board for Jane pushchair?

(19 Posts)
tab Sun 05-Jun-05 11:56:04

Does anybody know where I can get a buggy board to fit a Jane pushchair. Our first born style pushchair is a Jane Carrera and we also have a Maclaren. has anybody had a buggy board for a Jane pushchair, maybe one that convert to fit both and do you know the supplier for it?

tab Tue 07-Jun-05 15:12:26

Doesnt anybody have a Jane pushchair out there??

oliveoil Tue 07-Jun-05 15:16:36

Not heard of them. But I spent hours trying to fit one to a Mcclaren and gave up so I am not going to bother with them!

Mum2Ela Tue 07-Jun-05 15:18:18

OO I have a buggy board on my Maclaren. It is worth it. Get a bloke to do it (I tried for ages too, got Dh to do it in the end).

oliveoil Tue 07-Jun-05 15:23:08

Oooooh sexist commment alert, someone call the MN Police. You haven't met my dh then. I managed to put the things on the buggy but then couldn't work out how to attach the board itself and those damn arm things.

Mum2Ela Tue 07-Jun-05 15:28:45

OO the bit you did was the bit I couldn't do, yet I could put the arms on and attach it to the buggy.

Was waiting for the mn police . . . .

(sorry to hyjak thread)

Tab, have you tried ringing 'Cheeky Rascals'? I rang them and gave them the make and model (sounds like a car!) of my pushchair and they told me if a buggy board would fit it (it wouldn't . . ).

tab Tue 07-Jun-05 15:34:21

Thanks for answers. A friend of mine has had loads of trouble with a maclaren one and said exactly the same thing - ie that she had to get dh to clip/unclip it.
thanks for idea to ring cheeky rascals - I will do that - well its on my list (neverending??!!!)
Thanks again.

babylily Tue 07-Jun-05 15:57:24

I've a Jane Powertrack and have heard that a buggy board is a no-no (the handlebar is too far back.) My DD will have to become a marathon walker by the time baby 2 arrives!

squigglesmum Tue 07-Jun-05 17:03:10

Ooh, for the first time ever, I can actually be useful to someone! I've got a Jane Powertrack, and a buggy board. Actually, it's got a board to stand on, and a step to sit on, though it's a bit of a squash if I've got the carrycot on instead of the carseat or the pushchair. Ds stands inside the handle of the pram, and loves it. He's been riding ever since he was 20 months old. The brand is Litaf, and the board is called seat 2 go. If I've got this right it's here . It's got loads of different adaptors to go on different prams, and took a little bit of working out how to put on, but it does the job very well.

squigglesmum Tue 07-Jun-05 17:04:08

Also, once you've got it put on the first time, it's easy to get on and off, you just leave the arms attached to the pram.

Thomcat Tue 07-Jun-05 17:07:19

i'm thinking of getting a double buggy in rthe jane range.

I've just checked out that link - blimey the kid standing looks very high up, if you were a short arse you'd have trouble seeing over him!

squigglesmum Tue 07-Jun-05 17:17:12

I'm only five foot, do I count as a short-arse? I see over ds fine, but he's not that big either.

Thomcat Tue 07-Jun-05 17:20:25

no idea what counts as a short arse tbh squigglesmum ! (I didn't offend you or anything btw did I, I'd hope not?)

The eldest kid just looks really high up off the floor, more so than with other buggy boards, is that how it is?

squigglesmum Tue 07-Jun-05 17:29:03

I would say that the child on the right looks rather larger than mine, on a smaller buggy! My ds looks more like the picture on the left. I guess when he stands up his head comes up to my chin though. But he usually bends forward a bit to chat to his sister in the pram, so I've never found it to be an issue at all. No offence taken, incidentally!

Thomcat Tue 07-Jun-05 17:31:41

oh thank god, thought you had taken offence for a moment! phew!

thanks for link and explaining heights/how it works.

squigglesmum Wed 08-Jun-05 13:04:44

Turns out I was talking rubbish about the heights - dh has just come home with some photos including me pushing the pram. I'm 5' tall and ds is about 2'8", and he just comes up to my chest when stading on the step, so no problems seeing over him. The step is about 6" off the ground, with the seat part a bit higher, maybe 15". Think you'd have to have a pretty big child for it to be an issue. HTH!

fruitful Wed 08-Jun-05 13:20:52

I've got a Jane Powertrack with a buggy board fitted to it, no problems! DD's head is inside the handlebar, and she holds on to the end of the carrycot, and chats to ds.

We had an old-style Carrera (the sort with wide wheels and two handles) - its in the cellar. From memory I can't see why a buggy board wouldn't fit - I can go and look at it if that would help.

Here is the Lascal website with the spec that the board fits (how high/wide etc).

fruitful Wed 08-Jun-05 13:24:38

Oh, and while it took dh about 45 minutes to fit the buggy board attachments, now they're on it takes 3 seconds to take the board on or off and you don't notice the little attachment bits that stay on the pram.

You can buy a spare set of attachments to put on another pushchair so you can move the board from one to another.

tab Thu 09-Jun-05 09:28:21

Brilliant, thanks squigglesmum and fruitful. I think my carrera is old - 2.5 years? (Inote the new ones have continuous handlebars), and I was really wondering what happened about when you had the carrycot/matrix bit on the chassis so thanks for mentioning that. Im off to visit those sites. Hope I can help you with something at some point.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now