loader

Talk

Advanced search

christening gifts

(11 Posts)
giraffeski Sat 04-Jun-05 15:48:31

Message withdrawn

jessicasmummy Sat 04-Jun-05 15:49:31

i like the hand print plaques you can get, which reminds me, we got one for jessicas christening in december and STILL havent done it!

[NOTE TO SELF - DO HANDPRINT BEFORE BATH TIME]

mckenzie Sat 04-Jun-05 16:36:18

personally I love books. Classic stories in large hardback, the sort that parents will read/look at with child until child is much older and then child will read/look at by themselves. Peter Pan, Wind in the Willows, that sort of thing.

Chandra Sat 04-Jun-05 16:48:28

Most christening gifts for DS were toys (very nice ones BTW) and I think that eventhough they were not very symbolical they were a real help, DS loved them and ... so did we would not have spent so much money to buy toys that expensive.

We also got photo albums, some of them are very nice but I have not yet had time (or will) to sit for several hours to organise the photos. The handprint set sounds like a very good idea.

Bellie Sat 04-Jun-05 16:52:34

DD had the complete tales of Beatrix Potter which I thought was a lovely present

Hazellnut Sat 04-Jun-05 18:27:32

Agree with the classic books idea - last boy's christening we went to we bought a lovely hard back thomas the tank engine book

CheekyLady Sat 04-Jun-05 19:23:31

We have recently had the twins christened and were lucky enough to get lots of lovely presents. If I can be honest it has made me realise that in the past I gave some really rubbish presents so now I have some great ideas.

Personally I didnt think clothes were great as we all have stacks and its nice to choose your own. Ditto toys tbh.
I like the idea of something that will last for the future but some of the knick-knacks were basically pretty pointless and destined to live in boxes for a long time I fear. Over all books were definitely the best, like collections of fairy stories or the complete Winnie / Beatrix Potter etc etc. BTW If you want to keep up the religious aspect (after all it is a christening) we also got a bible and some prayer books which were a nice idea although not really our thing.

dinny Sat 04-Jun-05 19:26:11

I gave this really nice children's bible to my godson (Usborne) - told in lovely stories, nice illustrations. For a christening where I wasn't a godparent I gave Beatrix Potter complete works.

bluesky Sat 04-Jun-05 21:54:42

The Lion Book of Prayer for Children by Rebecca Winter has become my favourite for christenings this year, it was published quite recently. It has such gorgeous illustrations in it, and lots of short verse/prayers. I got it from Amazon.

Or try www.babies-rattles.co.uk. Lovely wooden traditional rattles that you can get engraved with baby's name and date of birth. Very gorgeous.

Frizbe Sat 04-Jun-05 22:07:34

There's a company called caring angel, who do some really nice gifts and cards, with a small detatchable angel on them.

giraffeski Sun 05-Jun-05 11:50:26

Message withdrawn

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now