Talk

Advanced search

Anyone reccommend a good STRONG baby gate?!

(5 Posts)
jinglybits Sat 04-Jun-05 14:16:44

has anyone tried the premier by babydan? found a good deal for 2 for 25.00! but have never seen this model wondering if anyone knew of its pressure sticking strength?! or whether it has large walk through area, easy shutting mechanism etc. ...and does anyone have a bettacare auto-shutting gate? is it any good?

Chandra Sat 04-Jun-05 14:23:02

I don't know how many did I checked, I have three and the one that works better is the simpler, an IKEA one that is srewed to the wall and doesn't have any extra security mechanisms.

The other one we have had a pressure sticking strenght good enough to ruin the paintowrk, but stil fals out if you trip with it. It also has the three step lock which is hassle to use when you have something (or someone) in your hands and it's soooo efficient in catching the fingers of a baby who can't even open a simpler one. If you have not older children I would go for the simple models. DS is two and still can't open them, while we had to remove the complex one because we all were getting so many little accidents with it.

jinglybits Sat 04-Jun-05 14:26:48

oh dear! the flat is rented so i'll have to have a pressure mounted one! ds has just turned 1 but he's quite nifty with opening door handles and stuff, he's also very very strong! any suggestions for a make?

Chandra Sat 04-Jun-05 14:31:19

I have to say that the damage to the frame of the screwed door is far less than the one we got int he other doors we used the pressured one (and I got that one for that simple reason). If the door frames are white, you can screw the gate to it carefully fill and paint the little holes when you remove it.

jinglybits Sat 04-Jun-05 14:55:24

oh, i never thought of the pressurised ones doing more damage! i'll have to have a re-think maybe...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now