Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Silver Polishing

(5 Posts)
Davros Sat 04-Jun-05 12:45:46

Anyone got any tips or recommendations of products? I know Lakeland do some. I want the easiest possible of course! I've got Grandma's tea set (like Lady Penelope's) and Granspa's cigar box and a tray.....

fairydust Sat 04-Jun-05 15:30:54

soak it in coca cola it comes up a treat - dd had a silver money box that got all grotty soaked it in coke and it looks even better than when we brought it.

Davros Sat 04-Jun-05 20:06:22

Oooh, thanks Fairydust. I'm in denial over the range of products, thought it would be easier to ask MN!
Mind you, come on you scumbags, haven't any more of you got airny silvair?

Millie1 Sat 04-Jun-05 21:41:07

Long term silver polish - I think it's made by Silvo (???) ... needs a bit of elbow grease but it's good and very gratifying to see your duster/cloth end up black as your silver looks siilver once again. You should be able to get it in a hardware shop/Sainsburys. BTW, I tried dusters from the supermarket which already had the polish on them and they were useless!!! Happy polishing and you've reminded me that I need to do my few bits and pieces again!

Davros Sun 05-Jun-05 23:28:03

Thanks too Millie, I will get some long-term stuff this week, and prob look at it for a few more weeks

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now