Talk

Advanced search

How long did you use your twin/double pushcair?

(18 Posts)
uwila Sat 04-Jun-05 10:43:47

I am sadly coming round to the notion that my toddler is not going to accept the buggyboard just yet (she's 2 yrs 2 mnths) so I'm shopping for a double pram. But, if I'm only going to use it for 3 months I just want a super cheap used variety. However, if I was going to use it for 1 year I might spend a bit more.

So, just wondering for those with about a 2 year age gap, how long did you use your double pudh chair?

Xena Sat 04-Jun-05 10:46:31

2y 3 mth age gap and used it for a year. Ony now is she walking (but still moaning)

Nemo1977 Sat 04-Jun-05 10:47:06

HI not used the double yet but when baby is born my ds will be 2yrs 2mths and im going to opt for a pram with toddler seat. Have found a great one called a zooper combi that is £160 but u can pick them up on ebay. I figured that way im not wasting my money buying double pram for 3-6mths.

Xena Sat 04-Jun-05 10:50:44

My DD1 Doen't like walking though

uwila Sat 04-Jun-05 10:53:52

Xena, your DD sounds like mine. So long as she can run free, her energy is endless. But if she has to hold my hand she protests by sitting down in the middle of the road... GRRR.

franke Sat 04-Jun-05 11:44:07

We are still using ours occasionally after a year. DD (now 2.9) is happy on the buggy board now but sometimes it is just easier to use the double. We've got a Maclaren Twin Traveller (bought new on ebay) which is really light and narrow so good for use in town. I doubt it will last beyond the end of the summer simply because the narrowness (?) is the trade-off - dd won't fit in it when wearing a winter coat.

I have to say, I resisted getting a double for ages - struggled with ds in a sling and dd in a single which was no fun at all. Getting the double changed my life for a while so was well worth it. hth

huggybear Sat 04-Jun-05 11:51:09

there is a 2 year gap between my boys.

ds2 was born when ds1 was 22 months so i got a double buggy, i only stopped using it a couple of months ago, so that (am trying to do the maths....) 1 year and 1 month.

have got a buggy board but ds1 keeps jumping off and running away so i might just drag the double out again.

i had a front and back one which i found really heavy, a side by side summery buggy thing which kept getting weged on the bus and a side by side one which was fab (got a buggy addiction )

bluebear Sat 04-Jun-05 12:09:40

2yr 3month age gap with my two - eldest refused to stand on buggyboard - we are still using the double buggy at 19months post-birth of second baby....mainly because I love walking and can't ask 3yr old to walk 5 miles + a day.
Eldest child used to nap in buggy so it was really useful to get them to have synchronised naps - so prob would have used it for a min of a year

bluebear Sat 04-Jun-05 12:09:40

2yr 3month age gap with my two - eldest refused to stand on buggyboard - we are still using the double buggy at 19months post-birth of second baby....mainly because I love walking and can't ask 3yr old to walk 5 miles + a day.
Eldest child used to nap in buggy so it was really useful to get them to have synchronised naps - so prob would have used it for a min of a year

Tommy Sat 04-Jun-05 12:11:33

I still use mine occasionally - particularly when I want to contain DS1 and stop him running off in shops.... he's 3 and a half and DS2 is 21 months. Mine is a side by side Graco which cost £100 new. Also have a lighter one from Mothercare which was less than that but not so easy to manouvre.

bluebear Sat 04-Jun-05 12:14:49

Sorry about double post - dd is helping me type.
Forgot to add - mine is a phil and ted e3 - and it's easier to push than my single Maclaren Techno - so I'd rather use it than the single buggy even if I've only got one child with me.
I have a couple of friends who tried side-by-sides but with a 2yr+ age gap it's really hard to find one which fits the bigger child, and my friends only used theirs for a few months (also they found it hurt their backs to push)

stitch Sat 04-Jun-05 12:39:59

19 month age gap. double urban detour. used for about a year and a half. but after about a year, stopped using it when in car as heavy to get in and out of car boot. used stroller and buggy board the. but for walking, its essential to have a good, easy to push/maneouver double.
ds is now 3.11 and dd is 2.4. i have a single urban detour, and when ds gets tired, he sits in the back behing his sister. strollers are incredibly difficult to push,imo, and this works better for us than the buggy board.

look on ebay or this website for some bargains. had the e3 been available here when dd was born, i would have got that rather than the urban detour.

stitch Sat 04-Jun-05 12:41:40

dependoing on your age gap, i think a double is absolutely essential for the short time you use it. and i would never recommend anyone try to save money on this. something else, not this

jennifersofia Sat 04-Jun-05 17:29:46

I think you need them for much longer than you think - we use the single and buggy board now, but I have wished for about a year now that I had bought the E3 explorer as we walk a lot. It really will make your life easier- especially on days out and so on. However, it does depend on what sort of walker your child is.

minxi Sun 05-Jun-05 13:37:03

I bought a doubble nipper buggy - there was 2.5 years exactly between my two DS's - My eldest DS is nearly 4.5 and other DS is nearly 2, I still use it to go shopping and certainly to walk back and forth to school - 3 miles return jouney, also day trips like legoland! You will be surprised how often or for how long you use it...

Carla Sun 05-Jun-05 13:48:42

14 month age gap - used it to 3/4. But you'll need a single one much longer after that

RnB Sun 05-Jun-05 13:51:47

Message withdrawn

Mothernature Sun 05-Jun-05 13:52:23

Until they could walk...1 @ 16mths 2 @ 18mths HTH

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now