Talk

Advanced search

Does anyone have a baby monitor that you can turn off the temperature alram on?

(13 Posts)
eleanorsmum Sun 13-Sep-09 08:33:37

Am trying to decide which monitor to buy this time. Had a tomy wlakabout with dd age 5 but have since sold it and wouldn't buy another anyway!

The reason for this is that the tempertaure thingy was great BUt you couldn't turn it off. So when I knew it was a hot night and had done all i could to make her room cooler and she was sleeping fine the blooming parent unit still beeped at me! meaning i had to tun it off which rendered the whole point useles!

I would like a digital one this time round and have looked at the BT ones but they don't seem to have a turn off able temp thingy, so does anyone have any recommendations for one that you can turn it off or at least silence the temp bit! TIA!

PfftTheMagicDragon Sun 13-Sep-09 08:36:22

We have the Angelcare one with the movement monitor pad. You might not want such a thing, but it does have a temperature alarm that you can turn off, it just shows the temperature otherwise. I have never used the alarm.

eleanorsmum Sun 13-Sep-09 08:59:57

good to know they do make them that you can turn alram off but as you say i didn't really wnat the movememnt one (think i'd be even more paranoid!)

uberalice Sun 13-Sep-09 09:14:59

We have an old Tomy Walkabout (not current model) and you can turn the temperature alarm on and off by opening it up and turning a dial that was clearly marked for that purpose.

oopsacoconut Sun 13-Sep-09 09:15:35

We have a tommee tippee one which has a thermometer but no alarm I have heard - DD's room is often very warm - 24/25 degrees and it has never beeped at me!

dinkystinky Sun 13-Sep-09 09:24:40

Have the BT one and after posting on MN asking about it found out that I could turn the temperature alarm off - hurrah!

Crazycatlady Sun 13-Sep-09 09:29:35

The BT one you can turn off, otherwise you can just up the temp range if it's a warm night so it doesn't beep unless it gets to say 27/28.. or whatever temp range you set.

eleanorsmum Mon 14-Sep-09 07:31:31

Thanks all, looks like a BT one it is then! Any recommendations on model?

glasgowlass Mon 14-Sep-09 08:16:06

Hi

I have the BT 150 digital and the temp alarm can be turned off though the parent unit will still light up to warn you of high temp if it reaches your "set" temp. I think its a great wee monitor, would deffo recommend it.
here it is on amazon

4andnotout Mon 14-Sep-09 08:19:38

I have a tomy walkabout digital premier which you can turn the alarm off.

GoldenSnitch Mon 14-Sep-09 08:37:58

We have this one

It's fab - even the Midwife was impressed with the lights and lullabye features when she came round to help me with breastfeeding. It's lasted for ages too. We're about to have baby 2 and it's still going strong.

We've never turned the alarm off but as others have said, you can up the range so it doesn't go off until the temp is really high. I think you can turn it off if you want to though - as Crazycatlady says.

LadyMuck Mon 14-Sep-09 08:55:48

You can turn the temperature off on the Tomy walkabout - it isn't obvious, but it has always been there. I still remember discovering that fact on MN - alas after I had replaced it with another model.

eleanorsmum Mon 14-Sep-09 18:12:21

Thanks everyone!

Do wish I'd known about turning off the temp on my old tomy one before i sold it! but hey ho you live and learn.

Really like thefeatures on the BT ones. I'll be getting one of those then me thinks! Off to ebay I go!
Thanks again.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now