Talk

Advanced search

Marble Run

(9 Posts)
lostthewill Sat 12-Sep-09 20:35:47

Hi,

I'm looking at buying ds a marble run I was looking at the on in elc but it has some very bad reviews online. Can anyone suggest a good one

Thanks

lottiejenkins Sat 12-Sep-09 21:12:06

www.hawkin.com/find/keyword-is-marble+run/product-is-00016?SearchIsReferrer=true

This looks quite good!!!

blithedance Sat 12-Sep-09 21:22:50

The one we have is called "Marbulous" on the box but I'm pretty sure the components are the same type as the one in Hawkin - they fit together really well and it's a great toy.

Hassled Sat 12-Sep-09 21:23:52

I've always loved the ELC one - has lasted years.

Tortoise Sat 12-Sep-09 21:26:46

DD2 has Marble madness extreme from ELC. It is OK but very difficult to make runs that work ok and the one on the box is really tricky to follow! I am not really that impressed with it but DD2 occasionally has a little play with it. My Friend and he friend had the same one and took them back because of some problem with it.

FritesMenthe Sat 12-Sep-09 21:27:20

We have an older version of the ELC one. My DC (7,6 & 5) have only recently got to grips with building it themselves, in a way that keeps the towers stable. It is an excellent toy but frustrating for younger children.

nevergoogledragonbutter Sat 12-Sep-09 21:28:05

We have the quadrilla wooden marble run.
It's good but younger kids knock it over easily.
I think brio do one too that looks nice.

blithedance Sat 12-Sep-09 21:29:50

There are two on this page, the one we have is the £14.40 one about 1/3 down the list

here

Have to say I normally build the run and it gets played with until someone has a tantrum and knocks it over. No matter how many marbles we have DS1 tries to hog them all!

lostthewill Sun 13-Sep-09 19:53:18

Great thanks for your help everyone I'll have a look at them all. Think I'll avoid the ELC one

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now