Talk

Advanced search

Individual packs of ground coffee

(9 Posts)
mogs0 Wed 09-Sep-09 13:49:23

I'm filling up mugs to give as gifts and would like some small bags/packets of ground coffee to put in them. I've looked in a couple of supermarkets but can't find what I'm looking for and wondering if anyone had any idea where to look for such a thing.

MrsJamin Wed 09-Sep-09 14:08:15

Whittards do smaller bags as part of boxsets of different types of coffee, sometimes, like this? Some of the flavours are a little odd but it's quite fun having a different taste?

iheartdusty Wed 09-Sep-09 14:19:44

I have some coffee bags made by Lyons which I got in a supermarket, you use them like teabags and just pour on water; they also do individual filter coffee sachets but I've never seen them in shops;

here

you can buy little individual filter pots everywhere, you know the kind you sit on top of a cup. I got some in Aldi once and they are all the tescos etc

linzs Wed 09-Sep-09 17:03:38

Saw some in Starbucks yesterday - looked great just chuck in a cup and mix with water.

They were sold in packs of three and came in two different flavours.

LadyStealthPolarBear Wed 09-Sep-09 17:04:32

Probably somewhere like Makro would do them if you know someone with a card

mogs0 Wed 09-Sep-09 18:27:22

Thanks for the suggestions.

I had briefly thought about Whittards but wasn't sure if their shops were still on the high street and I don't know when I'll get a chance to go to the outlet to have a look. Also, I'd spend ages trying to decide who to give which flavour to!!!

The Lyons ones look perfect and I'll have a look for somewhere that sells them.

Also, Starbucks an option but it's not my favourite place and I'm trying to keep total cost per filled cup to under £5.

I think I'll start asking around about Makro. I'm not sure if there is one locally but my friend is in charge of PTA and I'm sure if there is one she'll know about it!!

mogs0 Wed 09-Sep-09 18:29:24

MrsJamin - o/t but was I "talking" to you on here months ago about meeting in Bellvue park?

MrsJamin Mon 14-Sep-09 06:19:58

Sorry I only just saw your message, no it wasn't me, did a search and it was 'jammi'.

mogs0 Mon 14-Sep-09 09:58:05

Ah, thanks!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now