Talk

Advanced search

Quinny Speedi - anyone got one?

(10 Posts)
Kiwifruit Thu 02-Jun-05 12:20:51

Hi there
Has anyone out there got a Quinny Speedi buggy? Would you recommend it? Haven't seen it in the flesh yet, but found it online, and was immediately drawn to a comment that it's good for parents over 6foot - DH is 6'5'' and a lot of the strollers are too low for him to push comfortably.

Any information gratefully received!

TIA...

Newbarnsleygirl Thu 02-Jun-05 12:21:46

I have the freestyle. The handles adjust up and down so it would be very good for your dh.

Newbarnsleygirl Thu 02-Jun-05 12:22:11

I mean Handle, not handles.

Kiwifruit Mon 06-Jun-05 11:23:38

Thanks Newbarnsleygirl - liking the sound of the adjustable handles

Anyone else?

Newbarnsleygirl Mon 06-Jun-05 11:29:11

Are you getting the carry cot and car seat to go with it?

If so I cannot say how fantasticaly magnificent they were. The car seat is soooo pratical (and cute!) You can just throw the frame in to your car and the car seat just clicks straight on top of it. Easy! Same with the carry cot. My dd had this as her bed until she was 6 months old.

Kiwifruit Mon 06-Jun-05 12:25:27

Am thinking about the carry cot - we have to get it back to NZ on the plane, and I need to check out the logistics of this (have a moses basket for the baby to sleep in over here).

Do you have the maxi cosi cabrio car seat? Was looking at this, but need to check out if it's going to be OK - we are moving back to NZ, and don't have a car, so need to know if it will fit most standard Japanese models, and if it meets NZ safety standards. All very tricky...

Chuffed Mon 06-Jun-05 12:50:13

kiwifruit we have a UK car seat and found that it didn't actually fit in all the cars as the seat belts aren't long enough.
Another friend found the same thing with her M&P's car seat in April. It did fit some cars but if you haven't bought a car yet you can always have that as a criteria for purchase.
They were all Jap cars just some seemed to have slightly longer car seats than others.

Newbarnsleygirl Mon 06-Jun-05 12:54:23

No we had the Citi, very similar to the Cabrio though.

We had a Land rover when dd was born and now we have a Jaguar and Citreon. We have also used it in my mum and dads Toyota and PIL's Omega's so I'm sure it will be fine.

Kiwifruit Mon 06-Jun-05 12:56:09

Thanks for that Chuffed, it was something that just occurred to me the other day. Was thinking that we would just make the car seat one of our criteria for when we buy the car - hope it won't narrow down our options too much though! Guess if worst comes to worst we can always hire another one from Plunket...

Chuffed Mon 06-Jun-05 12:59:59

we have a britax rock a tot and it was wierd in dh's parents toyota hilux it fitted in the right side but not the left side back seat, dad's legacy was fine both sides and front seat, mum's rav4, tight fit on back seat didn't try in front.
We are going to use carseat when we got back this time and they do sell it in NZ but will be aware of the problem when looking for cars.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now