Talk

Advanced search

Mini micro scooter...a final question!

(16 Posts)
tassisssss Sun 06-Sep-09 13:47:10

Sorry, me again!

I hear you all about how wonderful it is and that it's v light. Light is good, but I don't really want to carry it as it's for dd who's about to be 3 and my other dd is always with us either in mamas and papas pram or in maclaren stroller.

Here's my final question - will it easily fit under my pram/stroller?

(I appreciate it doesn't fold but comes apart, does it come apart easily? (Ok so that's another question!))

QuietlyTTC Sun 06-Sep-09 13:58:09

I would never take it apart unless it was being repaired

It is no bother to hang on the back of the stroller

tassisssss Sun 06-Sep-09 14:00:50

thanks QTTC, I can see it'd hang on the back of the stroller but I tend to use my mamas and papas pushchair more so want it to go in the basket underneath...we have a non collapsing bulky one and this is the main reason i'm considering a mini micro.

CarGirl Sun 06-Sep-09 14:04:24

It should balance across the solid handbar? I managed on my bugaboo?

It may well fit in the basket anyway, back wheel in first and the front wheels & handlebar sticking out?

You could buy and return if it doesn't fit?

DesperateHousewifeToo Sun 06-Sep-09 14:57:04

Ask to have a look at someone's in the park and have a go at balancing it across the top of your buggy.

I sometimes had ds' two wheeler and dd's mini micro balanced across the hood of my mama's and papa's without any difficulty.

Alternatively get a camping bungee to strap it to the handle bar of the buggy.

I have seen people dismantle them and put them into the basket but I would worry that it would loosen after too much dismantling, iyswim.

tassisssss Sun 06-Sep-09 18:03:21

hmmm, thanks all.

i'll maybe look at cheaper folding options. i hear everyone that they're way superior to the bulky one i have but it's the fitting under the pram thing i'm looking for!

CarGirl Sun 06-Sep-09 18:06:44

I think the difference is that your dc will be using it rather than needing you to carry it........because they are lighter to scoot on they don't get tired of them in the same way.

tassisssss Sun 06-Sep-09 18:16:09

CG, you're probably right. It's just there's so much clobber as it is that I had my heart set on it folding up.

Still dithering...

(I should just buy it, it's for dd's 3rd b'day and i have another dd 21months behind so I'm sure we'll get our use out of it. i'm just so tight and £45 is a lot when we have a perfectly good (heavy) scooter that she loves...)

CarGirl Sun 06-Sep-09 18:18:31

I can't imagine you regretting it. It may take her a few weeks to get the hang of steering of it but after that she will probably never walk again..........

What pushchair have you got?

tassisssss Sun 06-Sep-09 18:37:51

You're probably right, CG, I should just do it! I don't thihnk dh gets why we need another scooter when we have a perfectly good one!

I have a 6.5 year old mamas and papas 3 in 1 that I use mostly and a clapped out maclaren quest that I use a bit.

(also I'd really like to get a pink one for my 2 girls but then we might decide to go for a 4th after all and what's the bets it'd be a boy!!)

CarGirl Sun 06-Sep-09 18:40:17

It will fit under the 3 in 1 easily and on either when forward facing you will be able to stick it between the handles and hood with handlebar being vertical and the board horizontal upside down IYSWIM - they don't fall off like the heavy scooters.

tassisssss Sun 06-Sep-09 19:19:43

OK i'm going to order it right now!

DesperateHousewifeToo Sun 06-Sep-09 19:21:56

You can paint it if you have a boy.

One of dd's friends has her brother's old blue one that has been painted pink.

NeedaNewName Tue 08-Sep-09 23:31:59

Still do not recommend the cheaper folding one,in my experience you wil regret it and end up buying mini micro anyway!

sazm Tue 08-Sep-09 23:37:21

we have the cheap argos ones (£20)(avail in pink or blue) and they have been great, i fold them both up and they fit in the stroller basket,so when we get to the shops i can stick them in there and we have them for walking home,

lockets Tue 08-Sep-09 23:38:21

Message withdrawn

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now