Talk

Advanced search

Great little trading company Northcote interlocking shelves system

(8 Posts)
rexer Sun 06-Sep-09 10:59:43

Hi

Anybody got these? They are just what we want in terms of size and storage and colour but I can't find any reviews of them on the internet.

As they are quite pricey and GLTC has had some negative reviews on here I wanted to get somebody's opinion of them before we went ahead and bought them.

We are also looking at the kids activity desk set if anybody has this. It's hard to know if this stuff is well made without seeing it!

Thanks

Shamster Tue 15-Sep-09 17:58:03

Don't buy from them. I'm currently arguing with them because they delivered £250.00 worth of Lazzari shelving last week, but one peice was broken. They won't send out the damaged piece but wanted me to repackage and courier the entire shipment back to them. They'll reimburse costs but it will initially cost me £77.00 to get the damaged shelves back to them. If your Northcote shelves arrived damaged, this would happen to you too. Very unfair returns policy. Steer clear and go elsewhere if you care about good customer service.Sorry to be the bearer of bad news...

Itsjustafleshwound Tue 15-Sep-09 18:02:10

Is this the white modular furniture...

Instructions bad and pieces missing
Took almost 8 weeks for all parts to be delivered
Pretty expensive
No response from customer support

AVOID !!

Shamster Tue 15-Sep-09 22:24:51

Itsjustafleshwound, did they ask you to send the whole lot back to them or will they send you the missing piece. Aren't they just rubbish. You spend stacks of money and the they treat you reallly shoddily. My instructions were bad too. I wish I'd not bothered.

Itsjustafleshwound Wed 16-Sep-09 13:04:23

The pieces missing were only very small (we improvised!!), but the principle is that if you are going to charge a whack at least make sure you send the right quantities!!

We also bought a (now discontinued) bookcase from them - product went together very shabbily and instructions dire - you would think we would have learnt our lesson!!

Sorry you are having such a hassle with them - I sent them a few mails but they haven't bothered to reply .. grr, grr

Shamster Wed 16-Sep-09 14:38:01

Good news! As of today they are changing the policy and will now collect broken, damaged or incomplete articles that have been delivered by their courier. HelenMumsnet, I think you contacting them may be behind this but thank you so much. A team manager phoned me today, after getting my letter this morning and she agreed that it had been a badly thought out policy. I still feel cross that the last week has been taken up with this but atleast they finally listened and actually changed a policy! So technically they now have good products and a fair returns policy. You still have to do it yourself if you change your mind but that's absolutely fair enough. They are collecting my shelves on Friday. I shall give them a second chance with the £30 voucher they're giving me. If I could work out how to put a smiley face at the end of this sentence, I would! Oh and the Manager said they would look at the instructions and see if they could come up with better ones; Lazarri ones are no help whatsoever, so that's good.

Itsjustafleshwound Wed 16-Sep-09 16:17:01

Result grin!!

rexer Tue 06-Oct-09 11:22:10

Thanks for your replies

I'm not keen to buy from them after hearing all these negative posts and the fact that you have to spend money to speak to them on their 0844 number. Ok they've sorted it out now but you shouldn't have gone through that in the first place. Now I have looked GLTC has a lot of complaints online. reviewcentre.com gives them 1 out of 5.

We want their products but if their unreliable then it's more hassle than it's worth and as you say there not a budget brand.

I wouldn't buy anything big from them now I wouldn't risk it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now