Talk

Advanced search

Which sunscreen???

(8 Posts)
Carameli Wed 01-Jun-05 22:48:53

Hi,

I remember there was a big thing about this last summer but I cannot remember which ones where the good ones to go for, that actually did some good work?
Also not sure how much I need to use for dd, now 20mnths?

Any advice, mainly thinking if just the uk for now as we're trying to move, but it can still get pretty hot and sunny some days.

hana Wed 01-Jun-05 22:58:19

Boots came out tops last summer for the UV and and the other index thingy that I can't remember what it is

Carameli Wed 01-Jun-05 23:17:32

thats the Soltan one?

NomDePlume Wed 01-Jun-05 23:18:47

I like the tesco baby sunblock one, factor 30 ? It has a 4 star UVA/UVB index which is better than most.

AtHomeMum Wed 01-Jun-05 23:19:46

Always used ambre solaire kids factor - works well. Like the "blue" spray on one as you can see it more easily when you apply it. have dds 8, 6, & 4

Satine Thu 02-Jun-05 01:02:48

I've got the Ultrasun 30+ (I got mine in Waitrose) which is a bit white if not really rubbed in but it says you only need to put it on once a day. I take that with a pinch of salt but I reckon it still lasts longer than other creams (no tanning on my two last weekend after a whole two days outside in the sun and wind)

pacinofan Thu 02-Jun-05 11:03:32

I use Tesco sun products for all the family. DD has the kids spray on, can't remember the exact factor protection, but it is high. It's coloured pink or green, smells divine (not important I know but it really does!) and it's very reasonably priced.

I'm always endorsing Tesco's products on here, me thinks I should consider working for them!

LunarSea Thu 02-Jun-05 15:35:55

We get the PABA free ones from Banana Boat, as ds reacts badly to most suncreams.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now