mini micro scooter...few questions!

(20 Posts)
tassisssss Sat 05-Sep-09 18:16:48

does is fold up easily?

is it worth the £45 price tag?

anyone seen any bargains?

Thank you.

SchnitzelVonKrumm Sat 05-Sep-09 18:22:47

It doesn't fold but is very light. They're fab for younger children, swift but very stable.

CarGirl Sat 05-Sep-09 18:24:44

really really light, I can cycle carrying it one handed. The T bar bit does come off if you need it to though.

Agree swift but very stable and all the parts are replaceable most of them for a SAE

tassisssss Sat 05-Sep-09 18:26:29

hmmm, so it comes apart rather than folds...does it come apart easily?

this is my key thing...have a fab sccoter that dd adores but I frequently end up carrying it or balancing it across front of my pram!

ramonaquimby Sat 05-Sep-09 18:28:10

yes comes apart v easily - is also v light , I often balance one on the hood of a macclaren, or hook it around one of the handlebars

they do a FAB green colour now, but can't justify the extra £10 for it!

CarGirl Sat 05-Sep-09 18:32:42

It is nothing like juggling those heavy 2 wheeler things just pop it across the buggy handlebars. No clipped ankles with it either as they accidently swing it around (or is that just me?)

deepdarkwood Sat 05-Sep-09 18:43:08

Very light and easy to carry - I often end up carrying dd's and it's no problem.

Absolutely worth the price tag - esp as they hold their value for resale well - but there don't seem to be any bargains around - sorry smile

Doyouthinktheysaurus Sat 05-Sep-09 18:46:08

DS2 has the maxi micro scooter which was ££'s but it's amazing. He's 5 but was hopeless on a standard scooter, his balance was atrocious.

Now he's whizzing off everywhere at an alarming rate. It was definitely worth the money.

DesperateHousewifeToo Sat 05-Sep-09 18:48:54

They are brilliant!

In the two years that dd had hers I didn't ever have to take it apart as it was so light, I just put it over my shoulder.

Friends easily hang them on their buggies.

Or you can just pull them along on it.

The only reason we upgraded to a two wheeler was because dd got too tall for hers and it kept toppling over if she was not going fast enough.

I sold mine to someone locally. Ask around, someone might have one.

CarGirl Sat 05-Sep-09 18:50:22

Do GLTC sell them? Perhaps best to use a discount voucher via one of the retailers rather than them direct.

My other bit of advice is to send off for a replacement brake & U bend before you need them as it's just for a SAE but it all takes time whilst then forcing your child to walk to school taking at least twice as long as the scootering did........

SchnitzelVonKrumm Sat 05-Sep-09 18:52:47

DD1 (aged 5 but very tall) has got a maxi micro now -- pricey but also v good

DesperateHousewifeToo Sat 05-Sep-09 19:33:04

Dd continued to use her scooter without the brake and u-bend without any difficulty.

She never used the brake when it was still on! smile

CarGirl Sat 05-Sep-09 19:43:20

Well we have steep slopes to go down and I'd rather she didn't use her school shoes! She used it for ages with a snapped U bend because I didn't realise it was there until one of the bolt things that attaches the wheel arm fell off en route to school......

Still was all repaired very easily and I got dh to turn the front wheels around to even out the wear. Her scooter has done about 10 miles per week for 2 years and is still looking good

NeedaNewName Sat 05-Sep-09 20:21:13

DD1 had a cheap scooter - was absolute shite. DD2 (somehow!) managed to get a micro scooter (I think we saw the light and she kept pinching a friends and was so ggod at it) - now want to get the next size up for DD1 - definitely worth the money.

Doesn't fold up but is so light that when you need to carry it - very easy

tassisssss Sun 06-Sep-09 13:44:41

Thanks all...need to clarify the taking it apart thingy before buying so I'm starting another thread...will attempt to post link in a minute!

tassisssss Sun 06-Sep-09 13:48:08

new thread www.mumsnet.com/Talk/products/820294-Mini-micro-scooter-a-final-question?rnd=1252241230159

ramonaquimby Tue 08-Sep-09 14:34:11

just bought one from jojomamanbebe with a 15% discount code (googled one) got it for £39 delivered if that helps anyone. sadly not the green one!

squeaver Tue 08-Sep-09 14:38:22

Those of you with a Maxi one, do you have the ball steering thing or did you get the two-handed one?

And if it's the ball one, is it easy for them to master it?

DesperateHousewifeToo Tue 08-Sep-09 18:04:50

I have two friends with sons with the maxi.

They both use the single handsteering and have no difficulties.

The original mini micros had the same steering originally and didn't know any children who had problems.

Was thinking of getting a maxi for dd but she wanted a different one. Would probably have got a t-bar for her so she could have hung her hand-bag on it grin

squeaver Tue 08-Sep-09 18:18:02

Oh yes, my dd would have handbag requirement too <sigh>

Thanks, DH

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now