Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

A cup/beaker that can be used from 6 months to 6 years, that has a lid?

(14 Posts)
navyeyelasH Sat 05-Sep-09 01:10:17

Does anyone know of any such cap system? Obviously you would need to change the teats etc for various stages but I'm struggling to find anything.

Ideally also needs to not have one of those non drip valves (or at least the sort of vavle I can take out), no straws or anyother bots of plastic that can be bitten or chewed of.

The closest I have come is this but it doesn't have a lid?!?!?

Am I asking for too much here?

TheYearOfTheCat Sat 05-Sep-09 01:18:17

Try the lite cup. These are fantastic, and no need for a lid. Easily dismantled for the dishwasher, and the night light is also a great idea. Not sure of it would be suitable for 6 months though. My toddler was using it at just over 12 months.

TheYearOfTheCat Sat 05-Sep-09 01:19:01

Great for adults too. smile

katiepotatie Sat 05-Sep-09 01:19:59

Asda sell one similar to the lite cup, it just doesn't have the light.

navyeyelasH Sat 05-Sep-09 01:25:26

thanks both these look like the 360 cups?. As you can see I am a bit of a cup whore and constantly on the look out for the perfect cup. I work as a childmnder so that explains my weirdness.

Does it not leak like the 360 does? And is it really hard to suck out of?

TheYearOfTheCat Sat 05-Sep-09 01:40:49

I think the Asda one may be called 'Amadeaus' or something, but I've heard it leaks badly.

I have a cupboard full of Lite Cups, and they don't leak! You can also remove the night light bit from the bottom if you don't want it. (Night light is light sensitive, so only activates in the dark anyway.)

I don't find it is that hard to suck from - once the seal is broken it is just like normal flow.

I also got some good tommee tippee ones explora, although I find the valve quite fiddly to dismantle.

spring2life Tue 08-Sep-09 22:14:22

+1 for the light cup

one thing to remember , switch of the night light bit if you leave it in the cupboard .

we took the light base out as our ds uses it through the day as well

pigleychez Wed 09-Sep-09 21:07:17

DD has the 360 cup and its fine. Hers has the handles which make it easier to hold on to for little ones.

The valves is good and hardly leaks at all- Only when its thrown on the floor it splashes water abit. Lid stays on tightly. DD has been using it since about 12 mths and not found it too hard to suck from.

BonsoirAnna Wed 09-Sep-09 21:10:31

Why would you want this? What is wrong with a melamine cup for little ones?

Portofino Wed 09-Sep-09 21:13:23

Do you really need one that lasts 6 years? I bought beakers from Boots when dd was little, things that didn't tip, but we;ve been on cheapy Ikea cups for at least 2 years. DD is 5.

SpringySponge Wed 09-Sep-09 21:15:25

We have one from Asda. It's cowprint, but I'm not sure if it's the only type. I can't find it with a quick search, but it fits your criteria exactly. I think it's £2.02 each or two for £4 - massive saving wink

penona Wed 09-Sep-09 21:15:27

I have bought loads of cups over the years and like the tommee tippee first stage ones the best, they have been going for 2 years now and for 99p each were v good value I think.

I also bought a steadyco cup with a lid (can't do links, sorry) which has been v good - is more like a proper adult cup thought for use at dinner times (lid for travelling I think).

But every time I buy a new beaker, the kids use it for a bit then shout 'tippee' so I just get them back out!

navyeyelasH Thu 10-Sep-09 20:06:29

Hi everyone thanks for the tips. In the end I went for these for at home, they are pretty ugly and look like tankards but they get the job done!

Then for little ones when out and about I got tommee tippee first cups with these sippy lids to help with transition to open beakers. For the bigger ones when out and about I got these www.tommeetippee.co.uk/product/explora_active_sipper_24m_blue_/.

The reason I wanted one cup that covered all the ages is because I look after children and it would mean only needing to buy 6 cups with the various different teats etc. The way I have done it has meant that I bought 18 cups - which is a bit of a nightmare to store!

BonsoirAnna, I really like your posts because you always say what I wish could happen! Sadly with 6 children to watch over, needing to take drinks on daily outings and also caring for children with additional needs, a melamine cup just wont cut the mustard.

I also got 2 lite cups for DP to use as his bedside table cup; he has knocked them over more times that I care to remember!

Thanks all.

FanjolinaJolie Tue 15-Sep-09 14:29:09

Playtex do the best cups in the world and they do not leak!!

All cups are inter-changeable and you can buy lids with spouts and big kid lids which look like the top you get on your coffee from Starbucks or Costa.

Available online if you are lucky or sometimes on ebay. You can buy direct from Playtexbaby.com in america and they post to the UK (payment by paypal)

I think I bought every cup on the market before I found these cups, they are perfect and still going four years on!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now