Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Help please! Can I get this sort of baby carrier in the UK?

(41 Posts)
alittleteapot Thu 03-Sep-09 22:31:37

I want to get a portable moses baskety type thing for out and about - like the carrier things that come with a Phil and Ted double buggy only ideally more easy to roll up and stick under my Maclaren when not in use. The "Lillebaby Euro Tote www.mystrollers.com/shop/product.aspx?sku=L1101-1" looks great but is only available abroad. Anyone come across anything similar over here?

alittleteapot Thu 03-Sep-09 22:32:36

Hmm, why didn't that link come out all elegant? Anyway, does the job...

LauraIngallsWilder Thu 03-Sep-09 22:35:03

Could you get a super dooper cosy toes?

What is a bunting bag?

alittleteapot Thu 03-Sep-09 22:37:34

Don't know! But what I want is something to put the baby in when i'm out and about with dd e.g. if we're at a music group or soemthing, so I don't have to have the baby in the sling all the time but it's not just lying unprotected on teh floor iyswim. the phil and ted ones look so great but i want something less stiff and i don't want a phil and teds pushchair...

LauraIngallsWilder Thu 03-Sep-09 22:42:41

I have definitely seen something like you linked to

Ill help you hunt

LauraIngallsWilder Thu 03-Sep-09 22:44:17

buggy snuggle
They are just cozy toes though

I think what you want is the sort of cosy pram insert you get on the fancier prams

alittleteapot Thu 03-Sep-09 22:45:57

thank you! smile

just been wondering if the phil and ted one would be easy to hook on the back of my buggy or if with a changing bag as well it would be too much... in a way the fact that it's stiffer is good in terms of giving baby some protection. also widely available and cheaper!

LauraIngallsWilder Thu 03-Sep-09 22:47:27

What sling are you using?

alittleteapot Thu 03-Sep-09 22:48:45

ok, crossed posted, no more than a buggy snuggle because i'm after something that gives a protective wall around the baby - it's not so much about warmth as a container sort of thing. Thank you though, any other thoughts let me know! smile

alittleteapot Thu 03-Sep-09 22:49:49

I've got a few different slings, will prob start with kari me then onto mei tei. just like the idea of putting the baby down sometimes (tho if it's anything like dd it won't be up for that...)

LauraIngallsWilder Thu 03-Sep-09 22:50:28

A mum fairly local to me runs this company

Gorgeous - oh to be pregnant again

How old is your little one?

LauraIngallsWilder Thu 03-Sep-09 22:51:30

What about one of those pop up thingys? - hang on...........

mamadiva Thu 03-Sep-09 22:53:28

Vertbaudet used to do a changing bag that folded out into a moses basket, we had one and it was fab or trael, did'nt fold down particularly small but was handy. We travel a 5 hour train journey regular and we folded out bag onto the table and lay DS in it.

I clung on to it obviously LOL.

alittleteapot Thu 03-Sep-09 22:53:38

Nice stuff.

dd is 2. next one due in a month. trying to be super organised this time. not buying much but want a few key bits of kit! we'll see...

alittleteapot Thu 03-Sep-09 22:54:32

thanks mamadiva - will hunt for that too.

LauraIngallsWilder Thu 03-Sep-09 22:54:36

what about this?

LauraIngallsWilder Thu 03-Sep-09 22:58:08

Ta da I think I have found it

This is the one!!!!

LauraIngallsWilder Thu 03-Sep-09 22:59:55

samsonite pop up cot

I bet these are widely available second hand.............

mamadiva Thu 03-Sep-09 23:00:58

The Graco one is like the P&T one, it's quite stiff so could'nt just be chucked under Maclaren.

How about something like this?

mamadiva Thu 03-Sep-09 23:01:42

Oops cross post Laura

alittleteapot Thu 03-Sep-09 23:29:54

Thanks so much ladies some options to consider for sure. I wonder how small those pop up baskets go...

mamadiva Thu 03-Sep-09 23:35:00

Here's one with the bag next to it on Ebay, looks small enough for a changebag or handbag.

mamadiva Thu 03-Sep-09 23:38:01

I love this one, it has toys attached to the hood to keep LO amused and is lovely and bright wonder if it folds down the same though...

envy I want to buy baby stuff now

alittleteapot Thu 03-Sep-09 23:44:20

ahh that is gorgeous!

might feel embarrassed popping it up in a music group though! grin

Is the Graco one def as stiff as P&T? do like the idea of handles (so can transport if asleep when e.g. music group finished! fat chance of course...)

mamadiva Thu 03-Sep-09 23:54:18

LOL.

My friend has the Graco one to go with her travel system and it is basically a thick layer of fleece, wadding and waterproofy material on the outside it does look nice and comfy not very big though, I'd say 6 weeks maximum in it and because it is thickly padded so can't be rolled easily although it could probably be squished in

The handles are also quite short so not over shoulder like the one you linked to in your OP.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now