Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Car sun shades

(13 Posts)
fee77 Wed 01-Jun-05 13:11:11

Can any one recommend one? The type that stick on the passenger window to block out the sun.
Thanks

Tommy Wed 01-Jun-05 13:23:34

We've had several and all of them have been pulled off the windows by inquisitive DSs! If you have a tiny baby then any one would be fine - if yours are older then IME I wouldn't bother!

fee77 Wed 01-Jun-05 13:48:27

DD is 20 mths - we just had a nightmare journey on saturday so am not lokking forward to summer! I have got one up but it is useless!

PrettyCandles Wed 01-Jun-05 13:54:10

I just got some from John Lewis, £6 for a pair, the roller-blind sort. Prefer those as they're out of the way when you don't need them.

alfiesmum Wed 01-Jun-05 13:58:56

Boots do one that is sort of sticky all over, it is the only one that ds can't pull off the window and would definately recommend it. I have tried the suction cup type and they last 30 seconds, wouldn't bother!

PrettyCandles Wed 01-Jun-05 14:43:42

Look what I found .

Nemo1977 Wed 01-Jun-05 14:48:03

i got ones from elc 2 in pack for £5 ds loves them as there is a cow and a sheep on them.

gingerbear Wed 01-Jun-05 14:52:37

Pretty candles, those are £23 each!!

PrettyCandles Wed 01-Jun-05 15:07:52

£23 per pair. Expensive, I know, but at £5 per pair for the suction sort and going through at least two pairs each summer, they only need to last two years to be cost-effective. Plus they cover the whole of the window, not just part of it, you can wind the window down and still be shaded, and the child can't pull them off. I'm tempted, and I've emailed them asking if they have them for driver's windows too.

fee77 Wed 01-Jun-05 15:41:57

Thanks pretty candles, they look just the thing. Expensive i know, but as you said, the windows can be wound down and dd will still be shaded - plus she can't lob all her toys out!
And they cover the whole window - that was the problem at the weekend - the sun was at the wrong angle, so snuck in and was blinding dd, not what you need half way round the m25!
I will let you know how i get on with them! As an alternative, i could maybe try strtching my 50 denier tights over the door!!!!

gingerbear Wed 01-Jun-05 15:53:46

Fee, LOL at 50 denier tights!!
PC, true, very true. & they are made to measure.

csa Wed 01-Jun-05 16:11:47

nemo, just saw the ones you mean on the elc website. real sweet. may get those.

PrettyCandles Wed 01-Jun-05 17:27:55

Lol - "Can you explain, Madam, why you were driving round the M25 with your underwear flapping out of the window? I see, now blow into this tube please."

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now