Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Ideas please for a 40th birthday ...

(4 Posts)
csa Wed 01-Jun-05 09:28:34

for a bloke. his main interests are cycling (although he doesn't get to do much as he is a single parent with a 2yo) and his computer (apple mac) so gizmos are possible. budget no more than 50 pounds. any ideas will be much appreciated. thanks

anorak Wed 01-Jun-05 09:34:04

I think if I were a single parent with a 2 year old the best present I could have would be some babysitting vouchers or someone to take my child for a weekend so that I could have a break. (you don't say whether the mother has the child sometimes though so he might get this.)

Otherwise how about tickets for a sporting event or concert?

csa Wed 01-Jun-05 09:48:42

babysitting not really required as he has this all the time. sometimes 2 to 3 times a week. his wife died tragically a year and a half ago and he gets loads of family support with his 2yo. hmm... sporting event may be a go-er anorak. actually, that gives me another idea. does anyone have any ideas if there is a cycling equivalent to a 'red day' out at silverstones?

csa Wed 01-Jun-05 09:52:28

hi, just realised i might have sounded like i'm contradicting myself by saying he doesn't get to go cycling often because he has a 2yo and yet saying he has lots of babysitting offers. actually, i don't know why he doen't go cycling more often. hmm..... now i'm wondering.....

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now