Talk

Advanced search

TOMY monitors and service very disappointing

(2 Posts)
Daffodilly Tue 01-Sep-09 22:14:28

For anyone looking at monitors I absolutely would NOT recommend TOMY.

We have had two monitors:

- Tomy Walkabout Classic Advance - dreadful reception even in a small house and static so we upgraded to:
- Tomy Walkabout Premier Advance - also quite a lot of static (sudden loud bursts more likely to wake the child!) and then one day it just stopped connecting with the other unit altogether.

Finally found a way to contact TOMY via web - as they've stopped supporting phoneline - and they were totally rude and unhelpful. No suggestions on how to troubleshoot problem, take days to reply to emails or don't even both to reply. Plus will not supply a contact name or number to pursue a complaint. Look at other MN reviews to see we are not alone in these complaints.

Right...feel better for getting that off my chest and might help someone else avoid wasting their money. Now we have a BT Digital and so far so good smile.

sazm Tue 01-Sep-09 22:31:56

ooh we have the classic advance ones and they have been great,bought them as my sister had them and they were fine for her too,

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now