Talk

Advanced search

Bracelet for commemorating birth of our boys?

(10 Posts)
spongebrainmaternitypants Tue 01-Sep-09 21:21:51

Hi, wonder if anyone can help.

I had a son last year and another one on the way next month. I want to have a piece of jewellery to commemorate their births (after years of infertility we are soooo lucky smile) but I don't want an eternity ring as I don't have pretty delicate fingers! blush

I would love some sort of bracelet that I could engrave their names/DOBs on, but the problem is I don't have dainty wrists blush and I'm really struggling to find anything. I did buy something at a craft fair but cos it wasn't gold it caused an allergic reaction!

I don't have an unlimited budget, but am basically looking for something that can be tailor made for me, or a jewellery retailer that sells bracelets for 'larger' ladies.

Any ideas? smile

jajoom Tue 01-Sep-09 22:32:51

Hi,

I've just had some lovely silver jewelery made by fingerprintjewelery.co.uk. They do pendants, bracelets, charms etc. with your child's fingerprint and name engraved, or you can have footprints and handprints too! They do a lovely sweetie bracelet that stretches to fit.

xx

spongebrainmaternitypants Wed 02-Sep-09 09:46:39

Thank you jajoom. I will have a look smile.

vjg13 Wed 02-Sep-09 12:04:56

What about a pandora bracelet, you choose the length you want and then could pick charms like their birthstones or initials to personalise it.

lisa3838 Thu 03-Sep-09 07:22:58

hi there,
There is a Canadian company that ship to the UK and specializes in personalized jewellery
you can pretty much do anything you want!

www.baby-tags.com

and with the exchage rate they are cheap lol...cheers!

spongebrainmaternitypants Fri 04-Sep-09 13:29:27

Thanks Lisa, that looks really interesting.

I have emailed them to see what other stuff they have available, as they mainly list chains so am hoping they will do bracelets too!

vjg, do you have any links for pandora bracelets? Have tried googling but they all seem astronomically expensive blush, is this right?

Pinkjenny Fri 04-Sep-09 13:35:15

I have a Tiffany bracelet with a charm on with dd's name engraved on it. It sweet and not v.obvious.

vjg13 Fri 04-Sep-09 14:36:00

here

spongebrainmaternitypants Fri 04-Sep-09 15:01:53

Thank you, they look perfect - now I just need to persuade my bank manager husband! grin

heavenstobetsy Fri 04-Sep-09 15:11:49

I love this bracelet and reckon you could have two charms

www.notonthehighstreet.com/buttonbean/product/hammered_bangles_with_heart_fingerprint_charm

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now