Talk

Advanced search

Anyone got Argos bunkbed 'amy' 'oslo' or 'memphis'? any good?

(11 Posts)
gatheringstones Tue 01-Sep-09 19:25:21

erm, that's it really. have looked and looked at bunk beds online till i'm going cross eyed. memphis bunk seems the best from a safety point of view (no bars on top to tie ropes etc onto. i know, paranoid, but i've worked in local radio and it does happen. don't even start me on chests of drawers. deadly.) although sloping ladder would be better - but what about quality. anyone any experience of it or other argos beds? seems suspiciously cheap!

gatheringstones Tue 01-Sep-09 21:37:11

bump

gatheringstones Tue 01-Sep-09 21:38:48

bump

saltcod Tue 01-Sep-09 22:48:34

there are plenty of reviews on the argos website itself (I know coz I was looking at the Amy one myself this week!)... have you tried clicking on them?

gatheringstones Tue 01-Sep-09 23:08:58

yes looked at amy reviews but others don't have written reviews - either star rating only or nothing. and mn usually a good source of frank feedback so thought i'd try.

Karam Wed 02-Sep-09 20:18:44

We have the Amy bunk beds. We've had it now for two years and so far so good. I've slept on the bottom bunk, and the mattresses are blinking uncomfortable, but my DDs don't seem to have noticed that (or they don't care). We haven't had any problems with our at all. (DDs and 5 and 2).

sweetkitty Wed 02-Sep-09 20:25:52

We have the Amy ones as well for a 5yo and 3yo, we love them, we got mattress toppers to make the mattresses more comfy.

gatheringstones Thu 03-Sep-09 09:19:31

and the quality is ok? apart from mattresses...!

ChopsTheDuck Thu 03-Sep-09 09:46:36

We have the oslo, and I'm quite happy wiht it. We actually have the trundle one, and the trundle isn't great but the bunk bed itself is solid.

I didn't get the mattresses from argos, having had cheap ones before where the springs ended up sticking out in all directions. John Lewis do a basic mattress for around £50 that is really excellent quality.

sweetkitty Thu 03-Sep-09 12:03:12

The quality of the Amy ones is fine, solid wood, the only thing I think was that the bottom of the beds are only held together with wooden slats going across and if a few children were to jump on them I don't know if they could take it, I think they are fine for under 10s but I wouldn't want 2 teenagers sleeping on them.

gatheringstones Fri 04-Sep-09 09:47:56

that's v useful - thank you all!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now