Talk

Advanced search

My 4 year old son wants to dress up as a cat

(15 Posts)
FabBakerGirlIsBack Sun 30-Aug-09 12:46:59

grin

Any ideas as I have never seen one in ELC!

sorky Sun 30-Aug-09 12:59:40

My 7yo Dd1 has had a multitude of cat outfits and would still be dressed as a cat everyday.

We have a tiger costume from GLTC, which cost £30, but is very good.

Halloween often sees cat costumes on the rails in the supermarkets and we always get one then too.

this is quite reasonable too

Berrie Sun 30-Aug-09 13:05:17

I was going to say that too.
Dd has a halloween cat outfit. I got it after halloween for about £4 in the sale. I found other ones could be quite expensive online.

FabBakerGirlIsBack Sun 30-Aug-09 13:06:18

That looks cute but he is a big 4 so that might not last long.

Halloween isn't that far off...

sorky Sun 30-Aug-09 13:11:12

Last year we got a cat outfit in Sainsburys for Halloween for £7, but it had pink on it, not sure if that will matter.

Dd1 loves all kinds of cat-tat hmm

Check out ebay too

Berrie Sun 30-Aug-09 13:12:31

You could always buy him a leotard and tights and make a mask and sew on some sort of tail! grin
Forgot to say that dd's halloween costume had pink fur on the front!

PinkTulips Sun 30-Aug-09 13:16:04

Black tights, black polo neck, eyeliner whiskers and nose. Wrap a roll of tin foil in black material and sew to make tail and make two triangles of tinfoil covered in black material and stick them to a black hairband for ears.

ds1 was a cat last hallowe'en.... and he was damn cute too grin

FabBakerGirlIsBack Sun 30-Aug-09 15:39:59

What I should have said is he wants to dress up often like his brother and sister do in their dressing up clothes so I want something I can use again rather than having to make up each time iygwim.

FanjolinaJolie Mon 31-Aug-09 19:09:43

Claire's Accessories has black furry headbands with pointy cats ears on!!

colditz Mon 31-Aug-09 19:12:08

Give him an eyeliner and a hand mirror

cookielove Mon 31-Aug-09 19:16:58

this

FabBakerGirlIsBack Fri 04-Sep-09 16:22:58

Thank you cookielove.

A cat face mask looked fab until I saw they wanted more than the same again just to post it. Will try in the shops.

stealthsquiggle Fri 04-Sep-09 16:28:10

Buy the mask, then hunt for cheap black leggings (not tights - boys can't do them so they will either get ripped or not worn) and a black polo neck - tail can be made from one leg of some opaque black tights, stuffed with the other leg (IYSWIM). Sew it on to the back of the poloneck and you have a durable cat outfit - for the full effect find a pair of second-hand black ballet shoes.

stealthsquiggle Fri 04-Sep-09 16:28:41

..and you could sew a white felt 'tummy' onto the front of the poloneck for good measure?

FabBakerGirlIsBack Fri 04-Sep-09 16:29:21

Sounds like I will be kept busy when they go back to school on Monday. grin

Thank you for the ideas.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now