Talk

Advanced search

Tell me about your pillows!!!!

(16 Posts)
PDR Fri 28-Aug-09 15:25:57

We definately need new pillows.

Ours are crap and I am fed up of waking up with a stiff neck in the mornings!

Can anyone recommend their pillows? Am thinking about the memory foam ones but can't help thinking they look a bit of an odd shape?

Please tell me if you love/hate yours!

masonicpixiesreadthedailymail Fri 28-Aug-09 15:29:11

I just got voice in my head of carrie's mom saying 'dirty pillows' when I noticed this post

We got them memory foam thingies. Some fairly cheapshop incarnation of. I like v much and would endorse

PDR Fri 28-Aug-09 19:43:31

bump!

nicm Fri 28-Aug-09 21:33:36

we have Dunlopillo latex ones and they are great. don't loose their shape or go lumpy. they were £25 each but well worth it. hth

bumbling Fri 28-Aug-09 21:35:08

I need new pillows too. My family sware by posh and expensive duck, goose down types but can never face £50 for pillows. And so we live on with crappy tesco types ones, year in, year out.

Tillyscoutsmum Fri 28-Aug-09 21:38:14

After a stay in a fancy hotel last year and having the best few night's sleep of my entire life, we finally splurged on goose down pillows and they are amazing.

The cheapest we found we £39.99 each from here but they are worth every penny.

kwaker5 Fri 28-Aug-09 21:49:38

I got some dunlopillos from this seller on eBay.

If you can afford it, you definitely get what you pay for with pillows. Think about how many hours a year your head has to spend on them!

PDR Fri 28-Aug-09 21:51:04

ncim - saw those in JL and thought they were a definate contender! Looked very full IYKWIM!

We have a goose down duvet so pillows would be the obvious choice, I just wonder if they would be a bit too squidgey...

LilRedWG Fri 28-Aug-09 21:52:16

We have these chamber goose down ones they are fabulous.

LilRedWG Fri 28-Aug-09 21:55:11

The chamber ones aren't too squidgey at all. DH has two - a standard and a chamber one - but a chamber one on it's own is plenty for me.

PDR Fri 28-Aug-09 21:56:34

Yes I am normally only a 1 pillow girl. We have one regular size pillow each and then square fancy pillows which are not for sleeping on, but make the bed look nice... oh dear I am very sad!

LilRedWG Fri 28-Aug-09 21:59:08

I really would recommend those ones. There linen is nice too.

PDR Fri 28-Aug-09 22:03:01

Thanks LilRedWG - what a great site! Am looking now....!

nicm Fri 28-Aug-09 22:18:08

not too squidgey but they are really high! i love my pillows high but 2 of these are nearly too high.

SparkyToo Sat 29-Aug-09 19:21:07

Soft, comfy goose down pillows for me and my husband - he also has a goose feather and down one underneath his top pillow and these wonderfully washable pillows for my boys, who still have a tendancy to have the odd night-time accident on their pillow!

amicissima Wed 16-Sep-09 21:10:45

Another vote for the Duvet & Pillow Warehouse. I got one of their ultimate down pillows for Christmas and it is soooooooooooo wonderful. (Don't forget a protector - you can't really wash the pillow).

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now