Talk

Advanced search

Gift for friends who have everything

(12 Posts)
LittleCheese Thu 27-Aug-09 20:55:31

Please help me, I have a friend who has just had her second DS i need to get a gift but dont have a clue what to buy.

Being that she already has a ds I dont really want to buy clothes and they are the type of friends who literally have everything they could need.

Im 38+5 weeks pregnant myself and have no brain power to think myself

LadyStealthPolarBear Thu 27-Aug-09 21:00:41

I've had this a few times recently. Tended to buy a small toy / comfort blanket thing from Mamas and Papas or a special outfit. Usually would go for 'practical' but they'll have all that stuff, so needs to be special for the baby.

JustCutAndPaste Thu 27-Aug-09 21:01:38

You could ask her? I'm sure when I had ds2 there were things I still needed e.g. somehow I had lost most of ds1's socks!!

Also maybe a gift voucher for a massage or beauty treatment, which she can use when she feels like it?

thisisyesterday Thu 27-Aug-09 21:05:40

even tho she has a ds already doesn't mean you can't get clothes.

i have 3 ds's and i liked getting clothes for ds3 because he is my only summer baby so didn't have any newborn summer clothes for him!

when was her other ds born?

vjg13 Thu 27-Aug-09 21:17:41

lovely things here!

LittleCheese Thu 27-Aug-09 21:50:09

thanks for reply's ladies her 1st ds was born in october so quite similar time of year really.

All other friends have had a different sex 2nd dc so had no qualms about buying them clothes.

I think im just too lazy to have a proper look at anything at the moment

LittleCheese Thu 27-Aug-09 21:52:10

thanks for link vjg have added to favourites for when my baby is born too

PlumBumMum Thu 27-Aug-09 21:52:16

You can get lovely cutlery with babys name on, my kids love them, its a lovely gift and practical too!

NotanOtter Thu 27-Aug-09 21:53:43

i love cotton blankets

Thingiebob Thu 27-Aug-09 21:56:24

Thorntons Baby congratulations chocolate hamper.

Here

Has gone down well in the past with friends. I would be thrilled if I get one when I pop!

scrappydappydoo Thu 27-Aug-09 22:00:32

Are they using cloth nappies - if no could you buy large amount of nappies - I did this with all my friends who had second babies - failing that some nice baby smellies?

springerspaniel Mon 31-Aug-09 17:53:46

HotelChocolat - champagne truffles. Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

My friend bought me some slabs from HotelChocolat for second baby. Best (and most memorable) present from both pregnancies.

People rarely buy breast feeding, emotional wreck mum friendly presents!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now